Regular Contributor

Hershey's Chocolate Cake Recipe

Years ago I had a wonderful recipe for a (Hershey's?) chocolate cake which is made with a large bar of chocolate.  I'm not sure they make that size anymore.  Anyway, I have looked everywhere and cannot find it.  Online has only recipes that contain chocolate syrup.  My recipe had no syrup in it.  Does anyone have this recipe?  TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hershey's Chocolate Cake Recipe

[ Edited ]

I make this cake for birthdays quite often.

The recipe is on the Hershey's Kitchen website and the cake is called Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake.

https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/en_US/recipes/3469/old-fashioned-chocolate-cake.html

Trusted Contributor

This chocolate bundt cake recipe uses 6 Hershey milk chocolate bars (melted)  instead of one big one. It does call for Hershey's chocolate syrup, too,.  I noticed one of the comments on the recipe page indicates the recipe being a favorite since 1981, so maybe this is just a slight update of the classic you're trying to find. Most important, it calls for chocolate bars! It looks scrumptious.

I do hope this link helps you:

https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/en_US/recipes/3502/classic-hershey-bar-cake.html

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nevermind, recipe already posted by GizmoGal above.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I guess Carmine found it. I was looking & found the one below which I know is not what you are looking for but it looks so yummy. LOL!!!

Chocolate Bar Cake.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@CountryMusicGal 

I don't know the cake recipe you want, but at Christmas the local Cracker Barrel had those giant-size Hershey Bars we remember, which used to be in every grocery store.  Those big squares really do still taste better than the little "normal size" bites.  They had a super-size Mr. Goodbar, too.