Respected Contributor

Re: Here's why today's dinner cost me $320...

I have had one of those for many years and have never tripped, like others have said they slope  I only paid 20 dollars for mine at costco but perhaps yours is better quality?  Sounds like you deserve it and I think it will help.

Honored Contributor

well I have ordered them from "A" and love them!  The ones sold at Kohls (don't know brand) are good too.

My spouse has major back issues and the hardwood floors in the kitchen are murder on his back, legs too.  He barely cooks but just standing to make toast I put mat there & it does help.

I know the feeling standing for hours my legs and back ache, and no matter what I do ahead always seems like I'm standing & preparing hours for TG too🤷‍♀️.

This year will be a "quiet" one ...simple day🙂

So nice you "hosted" and had the company of family

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🦃

Valued Contributor

I live with Chronic Vein insufficiency. I had a large DVT that went from the groin down to the calf area of my leg. The veins did not heal properly and I have scar tissue that causes my leg to hurt. I wear a strong compression stocking on one leg everyday. 

I love to bake and well I try to cook. We have the cushioned mats on our floor. In the last year and a half we  had LVP put down which made the floor seem even harder. The mats are more important. I also try never to be barefoot or with out some sort of foot support. Vionic slippers and shoes are a favorite of mine. 
The mats are so important. Another thing is to not stand always in one place. You need to walk around some. Sit when you are able.

But as others have stated we bought our mats were not at the cost of yours. We purchased ours at a big box store.

Esteemed Contributor

one of those vibrating  circulation boards  that are sold on QVC or ShopHq  , might be  more beneficial

Esteemed Contributor

They will help just watch you don't trip on them. They are higher than other rugs. Your a doll to whip up a meal to spend time with them. 😇🦃🙏❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Those mats are tempting but I just know I would trip over them so no go for me.

@froggy 

A good GF of mine recently loss her husband so I have been at her house in the kitchen quite a bit over the last few weeks. 

I am constantly tripping over those mats. She has two of them. (No Thank You)

Respected Contributor

I hope they appreciate all the work you did.  I think I would have suggested something next week instead of you having to go thru all that with short notice.  

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@J Town Girl 

@Lucky Charm 

Thanks, ladies. I really hope so. It's a lot of money to spend if they don't help.

When "the kids" told me they were going to her family for Thanksgiving, my first thought was, "Yippee! I don't have to cook!" Then my son said to me, "You moved all this way so we can spend holidays together and I don't want to miss the first one".  Well, what can I say to that?

It was a lovely day and my older son, who is single, was able to join us, so our Thanksgiving 2021 is a wrap.

@house_cat  so that's why you moved? That's fantastic. Are both sons living close by?

I know you were happy to host your first Thanksgiving dinner in a new place.

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

one of those vibrating  circulation boards  that are sold on QVC or ShopHq  , might be  more beneficial

@skatting44  do you have one,  and if so which one?

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@icezeus 

Just to clarify, I did have a week's notice but I was working all week and had no time for prepping.  Ironically, now I have this coming week off from school ... not complaining about that!

@house_cat  a few of the Posters don't seem to realize that you had a week's notice. You are a PRO. I can throw a party or get together at a day's notice and it's always so much fun.

Hope the mats work for you. I ordered one years ago from QVC when David recommended it. It didn't work for me. I threw it out after about six months. Yours might be better and I hope you like it.