Trusted Contributor

Re: Here's why today's dinner cost me $320...

It's official: you are Super Woman.  You deserve the mats.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee 

@spent2much 

They have a 4 month old baby and they're living in a camper while their house is being slowly built, due to a shortage of contractors. They are very helpful to me and their dad in many, many ways, but this is not the year for them to host Thanksgiving.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Those mats are tempting but I just know I would trip over them so no go for me.

i have arthritis...my daughter gave me one of those mats.....and yes....i did trip over it....

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat- Glad you had a nice dinner.  Enjoy your time off.

Regular Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

My son and DIL are going to be with her family out of town on Thanksgiving. They asked if we could celebrate at my house today.  Well, that meant I had only Saturday to prepare everything and I spent way too many hours standing in the kitchen. When I woke up this morning I was nearly crippled with leg pain.  DH said I should order the gel mats for in front of the sink and prep area.  I just ordered them and even with the free shipping code it cost $320.  I hope they help and that I didn't just make a costly mistake.  

@house_cat We have had two of them in our kitchen for more than five years now and love them.  They are not a tripping hazard because they slope down toward the edges.  I never think about them.  They are dark brown and exactly match the dark wood floors.  

Honored Contributor

@house_cat Hope your leg gets better but glad you and your family had such a lovely day!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Foxxee 

@spent2much 

They have a 4 month old baby and they're living in a camper while their house is being slowly built, due to a shortage of contractors. They are very helpful to me and their dad in many, many ways, but this is not the year for them to host Thanksgiving.

@house_cat 

They sound very fortunate...building a house, a 4 month old baby, and younger than you....your legs are hurting very badly.

Super Contributor

I think it was really generous of you to host the holiday early with short prep time. I know I would have purchased alot of prepared foods and very little from scratch except the turkey. There are so many beautiful paper products to use that still make a holiday table look pretty. Just think, on Thanksgiving, you can shop on line all day with your feet up while your husband watches football. Have a frozen pizza. Sounds okay to me. Enjoy. The kids will always appreciate your cooperation.

Respected Contributor

Compression socks can do wonders to reduce leg pain especially when standing for long intervals..............Hope things improve very soon........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had one of those mats.  I loved it.  It was not a tripping hazzard and really did help...I have bad knees. Mine was a GelPro Elite in the basket weave pattern.

I wish it would have lasted longer for the price I paid.  It came apart at one of seems, just a little spot. Then one of my dogs got to chewing that area.  I had to throw it out.

I have since replaced it with a cheaper generic version, but it is not the same. I should get another one.

@house_cat   I know you will enjoy your mats.