Super Contributor

Here's info on the new Keurig Vue System Model

The following is from the Keurig website...

Keurig® VueV700 Brewing System

$249.99

The next generation of Keurig® has arrived! Brew stronger, bigger and hotter with the Keurig® Vue V700 Brewing System. It’s easy to brew your perfect cup hot or over ice with a fully programmable color Touchscreen, strength and temperature control, 8 brew sizes, removable 74oz water reservoir and a bonus variety of 10 Vue packs. Now you can fully customize your cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa, iced beverage, specialty or café beverage to brew what you love, the way you love it – every time!

The Keurig® Vue™ V700 Brewing System gives you total control to brew your way: stronger, bigger, hotter and with more choices than ever before. With an interactive Touchscreen and revolutionary new Custom Brew Technology™ Vue™ ensures every beverage is brewed to perfection, giving you perfect results – every cup, every time. And your choices are nearly limitless. In addition to coffee, tea, hot cocoa and iced beverages, Vue™ brews delicious café and specialty beverages as well. Includes a bonus variety of 10 Vue™ packs. This product is BPA free.

Features:
  • Fully programmable color Touchscreen
  • Brews in under one minute
  • Strength & Temperature control
  • Eight brew sizes – from 4oz. up to a full size 18oz. travel mug
  • Energy Savings Mode – Auto On/Off
  • Enjoy beverages hot or over ice
  • Brews frothy café beverages
  • Removable 74oz. water reservoir with easy fill, flip-top lid
  • Removable drip tray with adjustable plate
  • Cord storage

Specs:
UL Listed: Household use only

Power: 1,500 Watts

Voltage: 120VAC / 60Hz

Weight: 13.1 lbs. empty

Dimensions: 12.52"H x 10.07"W x 11.8"D

Single Cup Brewer Model Series: Vue™ V700
- - - -

It appears to me that the primary difference between the Keurig Vue and the Keurig K-cup system is that the Vue brews café and other specialty beverages as well as what the K-cup system brews. Keurig pretty well had to create a product that did that or I suspect the makers of single cup brewers that could make cappucinos and lattes etc. would begin to eat Keurig's lunch. It's my understanding that currently Keurig has the largest share of the single-cup brewing market. Obviously they want to maintain or enlarge market share.

What else will be different? More brew sizes (8) than previously available, larger water reservoir (74 oz), color touchscreen programmability, and what appears to be better control over temperature, brew size and strength of the beverage brewed. It also appears that you'll select different controls for brewing coffee, strong coffee, tea/other, and hot cocoa. It also appears from pictures on the Keurig website that all Vue packs are not identical in size. For example compare the photos for Emeril's Big Easy Bold Coffee and Barista Prima Coffee House Cafe Mocha. The Barista Prima Vue packs are considerably smaller than the Big Easy Bold Coffee.

Right now the Keurig Vue V700 appears to be the only model. I suppose in time there will be others. In terms of specialty coffees or cafe beverages there are very few available - four in each category to be exact. In time, the number may increase I'd guess. If not, there may not be much reason to chuck the old Keurig K-cup models in favor of the new Vue System. However if the quality of the typical brewed cup of coffee is superior if made in the Vue rather than the K-cup system, that may be reason enough to switch to the newer technology.

At $250 the new Vue System is pretty pricey though I suspect QVC will have a TSV fairly soon that will knock our socks off in terms of price. At least we can hope :-).