Trusted Contributor

Can anyway please recommend a Cookbook for Beginners with very simple Recipes and how to Cook the Bird?Please help me. My Son and his Wife who is 24 and is not a Cook are going to wing it. HELP???

Honored Contributor

You don't need a cookbook. You can find all the information you need here.

https://whatscookingamerica.net/

If you don't like to click on links just Google What's Cooking In America to find the website.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz thank you. I will check it out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help Turkey Cookbook?

[ Edited ]

Go into the Food Network, and find instructions for them.  Or even look at some well known chefs and how they do it.  Run those off for them.  Saves doing a whole book.  How about Ree Drumond's books, she does lots of pictures if you want to get them a book.  Just an idea.  @kitty4me

Honored Contributor

I used to follow the directions on the  bag.    There is no guarantee that the turkey you get will be the wonderful, tender, juicy one, tho.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@kitty4meyou might want to hop over to the recipe forum with this.  I agree to check out allrecipies. I have made a Maple Roast Turkey( cider and maple syrup boiled down and the concentrate stirred into butter) for decades.  I think a butter rub under the turkeys skin does a lot to keep it moist and flavorful.  If you do make the maple turkey just remember, because of the sugar the skin will end up more a mahogany color than golden brown. but It's GOOD.

Honored Contributor

I might suggest a turkey breast and a bag for the first experience.  If they start out dancing with a turkey, she may never cook again.

This book is on amazon, 4 1/2 stars.

I would give them a book which will teach and give instruction.  That is the only way to build a life skill.  If they get frustrated, they will likely stop.

I taught 20,000 students Foods, Adv Foods,  as well as my design classes.

Betty Crocker Cooking Basics: Recipes and Tips toCook with Confidence
Betty Crocker Cooking Basics: Recipes and Tips toCook with Confidence