Contributor

Help!!! Rec.'s on a "juicer or the Ninja for hubby's health diagnosis!!Thxs!

Hi everyone!!!! I lurk about over here some but my usual "hangout joint" is the beauty board and philosophy!!!!Holla!!! (okay, I am sounding like I am 18 with the "holla)(43 next week..ugh) anywho.....My husband was recently given the diagnosis of CLL, chronic lymphotocytic leukemia) I know I mangled that spelling) It is stage 0 and with just another confirmation test, it really looks like a good prognosis and I feel blessed that we can treat it...so one of the absolute rec.'s for him and his treatment program is boosting his "eating habits " with WHOLE foods...I am covered up in literature and suggestions for different "cocktails' of juices and such....It is a bit overwhelming....also, he is SOOOOOOO BAD about his eating habits and SODA's .....I am also challenged with hiding healthy things inside "good ones"'' so I really need some help until I can disseminate some of the pamphlets and websites my questions are:

1) What is a good, inexpensive mixer/juicer that would be realisitic to start with....I am looking at the ninja that is currently on the 4 evil pays.....lol

2) A good basic recipe for a "juice" that I could hide "high nutrient rich" whole foods in things that taste like a smoothie for my husband who wouldn't feed "kale" to his dogs at work....(he is a paramedic and has a very laborish job)

Thanks for you help guys...................blessing,,,,amy