Honored Contributor

Re: Heads up on the Nuwave cooktop

The OTO offered today can be purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond for $69 & free shipping.    QVC shipping is $7 plus you get Easy Pay.   Not a special enough deal for me.  But I do want one.

Honored Contributor

The 1800 one that goes up in 5 degree inclements sounds the best

Respected Contributor

I also have a couple of the 1800W ones.  But I think they may be phasing these round ones out in favor of the flat ones that they sell on Evine; just  a hunch I have.

Honored Contributor

I was gonna buy 1 for my church kitchen, but, I think you can only use induction cookware and they don't have the money to buy all new pots and pans to use on it.

wonder if they make just a plain , big cook top, maybe square not a induction model ?

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I was gonna buy 1 for my church kitchen, but, I think you can only use induction cookware and they don't have the money to buy all new pots and pans to use on it.

wonder if they make just a plain , big cook top, maybe square not a induction model ?

I didnt have to go and buy new cookware.. Almost all of my pots and pans work on induction..only my aluminum hard anodized do not..

Honored Contributor

only one I had that worked was a copper one that I just bought. Has that big silver round circle on the bottom with pics of what all it works on.

Tried my Sam's club skillets and they didn't work.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE, you can get a relatively inexpensive induction interface disk and that will allow any cookware to be used on the induction burner.

One of the biggest advantages of the induction burner, IMO, is the precise temperature and that might be very helpful for your church kitchen.  Have big pot of soup or chili to simmer--set the temperature and forget having to watch it; the temperature will be maintained.   Want to keep something at exactly 180 degrees--this will do that with no watching or checking required.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Sure never heard of that.  Thanks !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE  Evine and other places sell a converter disk for induction burners so you can use any cookware.  You put it on top of the burner, then put the pan on it.  I accidently order an extra one and surely wish there was a way I could give it to you for your church.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

only one I had that worked was a copper one that I just bought. Has that big silver round circle on the bottom with pics of what all it works on.

Tried my Sam's club skillets and they didn't work.

Sounds like you skillets might have been aluminum..Ye, that circle thing on the bottom of your copper pot is an induction disc that is sometimes added to aluminum cookware to make it induction compatible..

But stainless and cast iron, le creuset etc will all work without the disk