Esteemed Contributor

Re: Heads up:Alberti subbing ITKWD

@Gabidog wrote:

I really would like to see Meredith Lawrence have a kitchen show. ..but cooking with a featured olive oil, a Rastelli steak, wine, all in a featured grill pan.  I am bored with the individual food presentations with a host or two and a vendor and a six foot table filled with 72 of something and hosts smashing, sniffing, tasting.  And the ITKWD shows have mostly gadgets in dozens of colors with one selling out fast.  Also tedious.

What happened to Meredith?  She was back for a couple shows and and hasn't been back.  Unless I've missed her presentations.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

I've never heard of a Sunday wedding.  Learn something new everyday.  

@Citrine1 

In smaller Southern churches it is not unusual to invite the whole congregation and hold the wedding, and reception right after services; particularly if the couple has, and plans to continue as part of the congregation.  People stay and partake, or leave post service as they choose.  No RSVP required.

Please don’t say this style is a gift grab, as many do, because it is not.

Oh that's interesting @Drythe .  Thanks for filling me in!

@Citrine1 

My cousin and his bride did this.  Bride was church organist, both attended the church, the congregation was a bit older than they were, and seemed delighted to partake.  It was very sweet - not in a sticky way.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal Meredith was back as a vendor.  She does not work for qvc anymore. She has her own lines of kitchen tools she was selling.

Respected Contributor

Have to agree with others that said Alberti does a great job on his own.  I cannot watch him and the silliness with Kirsten L.  When I see those two on together I change the channel.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@qbetzforreal Meredith was back as a vendor.  She does not work for qvc anymore. She has her own lines of kitchen tools she was selling.

@Catch71- I know she is now a vendor.  I have not seen her back in that capacity in a while.  Again, unless I have missed her presentations.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal   Oh sorry, I misunderstood.  Your right, I have not seen her back either.  Perhaps she doesn't have enough stock to come on with all the craziness going on now. I know a lot of her items sold out and she is a small company. I missed out on the knives she had.

Respected Contributor

While I like David just fine, I just cannot sit and watch 3-4 hours every single week.  Same ole, same ole.  I record it and just fast-foward. 

Alberti was a refreshing change and he did a fabulous job. I still didn't just sit for the entire time, but I did watch a little more than just zooming past.  I think he is a fantastic sub!

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ His "seasoning" doesn't do well in my stomach.  Smiley Mad