Honored Contributor

Re: Heads Up Curtis lovers!!!

@lusinia  I agree with you and I think he has two different style/quality of sheet pans.  I think most of the complaints are for the ones that came in the colors.  Mine are speckled gray and are very strong and non-stick. I don't have any pieces of his other bakeware, but have several pieces of his cookware and nothing sticks and they look like new.   I had a problem with one getting stains on the outside.  (this one was heavier and had two pieces with a lid that had the grooves to use as a grill pan)  I got some of the outer stains off, but not all.  I'm trying to use lower heat on my other sets and also wipe up any drips quickly.  I really like his products and truly enjoy his presentations.   I wished I needed something this weekend since they had the discount and lower shipping.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie 

terrible!!! I never bought anything in the "baking" line.  I have my Wilton professional cake pans & Cooks Essentials "bakeware set in "gold" color bought when Bob Bowersox was a host.  They are still in perfect condition!!!

Although, I replaced all my cookie sheets with "USA pans" bought at Bed Bath & Beyond. Love them!

As I stated, his frypans are amazing after all these years & uses.  I bought the big cookware set a year ago, have gifted sets and quality is good! No soaking or scrubbing just wipe out and are clean🙂.

As others said:  I had no idea HSN was doing re-runs of his shows.  My tv in the corner states "live".

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   

I am a heavy duty cooker and baker.  I make everything from scratch and we don't eat out often.  I can wear out pans in no time at all.

My kitchen favorites are Revereware. I still have my set that is 46 years old...some have copper bottoms and some all all SS.  They are all in terrific shape and some pieces look like brand new.  I have pots that can hold small children, down to the one cup size.

I have a stainless steel broiler pan that I use several times a week, for broiling and for roasting and casserole items.  It looks like new. It's called the Water Broiler.  I have given some as Wedding shower gifts.  They are the best and there is no sticking or scrubbing.

AB3D2119-56F1-4452-A120-99DE28D5D764.jpeg

I love the USA bake pans.  They last forever and hold up well.  I have the cookie sheets, cake pans and hamburger roll pans.

And finally my Titan Peeler.  I love these things.  I actually own three.  They do the job effortlessly.

Just noticed that my favorite things are SS.  

I have gone through a lot of junk in the kitchen over the years. Some things are tried and true.  That's what I like.  I hate replacing things after a short period of using them.

I have Wilton Cookie sheets and you don't even want to see them.  They look worse than  Curtis's pans.  The Wilton cake pans are okay.  I don't use them often.

I often see that Live notation in the corner on HSN.  I think it was recorded live and when played back, that notation is still there.  Sometimes there is a mention on the screen that it was pre-recorded even though that Live is still showing.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

My sister still has & uses my mothers Reverware set!  I often kid her c'mon buy some new cookware.  Nope, she loves the copper bottom Revereware from many moons ago🙂

She also has these cookie sheets and baking pans that were our grandmothers.  Oh boy some great breads, cookies, pastries were made on them over the years.  She won't part with them either.

My pans certainly don't get the "workout" like yours. I love to cook & bake but spouse doesn't eat much or what I like.  I end up cooking for just me 1/2 the time -- he's good with a salad or tuna🙄.

I bet your home smells good everyday🙂🙂🙂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie : I purchased 6 for me and 4 for a friend. I purchased the blue speckled pans.Followed all directions. Didn’t submerge in water- cleaned with soapy rag and hand dried and never put in dishwasher. First couple of uses wonderful then food started to stick. Then they would pop and warp in the oven. Had to throw them all out. Friend loves hers and no problems. All were purchased at the same time??!!!Also love the pasta pot and lid stand but after problems with baking sheets no other purchases have been made. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee   There must be a problem with these baking sheets.  I have noticed others have complained in there reviews about the Same problems.

I haven't thrown mine out yet.  They are good to place under pie dishes and other foods that overflow.  I place foil on them now.  That seems to really stain the finish further.

I am disappointed and too scared to order any of his products now.  They are not warranted against stains.

Occasional Contributor

I bought the gray sheet pans, loaf pan, cake pan, etc. Have never had a problem. Nothing sticks, even baking, no discoloration. Have never had a problem with any Curtis Stone product! Can't speak for the colored ones, they look awful!

Occasional Contributor

Daysdee, I think I know the pan you're talking about that gets the difficult-to-remove stains.  I just looked it up on HSN, and it doesn't say it has silicone paint; if that's accurate, that might be why. 

I once heard Curtis say that because of the construction, both inside and out, of the cookware, you don't need to go above medium-high temperatures, so anything up to that should be okay.

I can usually pass up several Curtis Stone TS's in a row, so I'm always excited. when I do want it.  I have nothing like the grill/griddle pans and like the smaller size.  I'm hoping that they'll fit in my countertop KitchenAid oven. 

Honored Contributor

@lusinia  Thanks for the info. Yes, that pan w/cover which is a grill pan is definitely different.  It's heavy (more like light cast iron) and it does clean up great inside like his other pans.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

HSN has "rerun" shows as long as I have been watching.  I know for sure they do it on at least some of their TS presentations.  When Curtis or Wolfgang are on they present the kick-off of their TS for an hour or two and then the next show on is the same thing again.  I record their shows so I have two of the exact same show at times.   They ( HSN)  haven't been "live" 24 hours like QVC.  This isn't new.