Honored Contributor

Head Country BBQ Sauce

[ Edited ]

For those that live in OK or use Head Country did you know the business was sold in July to Old World Spices & Seasonings?

I hope they don't change the bbq sauce. 

If they do we will have to make our own. DH used to buy some from a guy that made it. It tastes just like Head Country.  

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz 

If the recipe does change it might not be the fault of the new owner.

I know of a private company that sold his pizza to a large corporation and never gave them the correct recipe.

Respected Contributor

Since their production will continue at their present location in Ponca City with its 35 employees I don't see the recipe changing.  Its my favorite........

Honored Contributor

It is about the only sauce I can stand.  Most of the others are thick, too sweet and globby.  I love Head Country!  

It makes THE best chicken bbq pizza!  Just don't use too much sauce!  

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

For those that live in OK or use Head Country did you know the business was sold in July to Old World Spices & Seasonings?

If they do we will have to make our own. DH used to buy some from a guy that made it. It tastes just like Head Country.  

@Nightowlz     I see Amazon sells it....and I'd like to try.   What FLAVOR do you use?    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Head Country BBQ Sauce

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz     I see Amazon sells it....and I'd like to try.   What FLAVOR do you use?    di

@Desertdi 

We like the Original. I buy the 40 oz bottle around $5 at Wal-Mart. The have the 20 oz around $3.

Some of those on Amazon want too much money for it. I see one selling 6 of the 20 oz bottles for about $21.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Nightowlz 

If the recipe does change it might not be the fault of the new owner.

I know of a private company that sold his pizza to a large corporation and never gave them the correct recipe.

@Just Bling 

That's true. We know a guy that used to make it. Tastes just like Head Country. Will have to make it if they change it but the recipe is a large batch so we would have to at least cut in half.