Honored Contributor

Re: Have you started your T-Day cooking yet?

@gtx wrote:

I made cornbread today for the dressing. So far I made 5 pans because only one turned out good.  The mixes I have always used are not good anymore. They are flat and dense like there is no baking powder in them. I made a recipe from the corn meal package that I found and it turned out pretty good so I will use it. 

Tomorrow I will cook the dressing, broccoli casserole, cranberry sauce.Thursday I will cook green beans, potatoes, gravy. My son and his wife will bring ham and chicken.

@gtx 

Now, THAT'S the Way To go! LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

That cheesecake is about the prettiest I've seen! You are an expert baker, @house_cat !

Just made the stuffing for the "stuffed mushrooms" but in a cassarole, since my DD who is making the turkey didn't want to bother with traditional stuffing. I will assemble the cassarole tomorrow. The stuffing for the mushrooms is so good!! (I've got to thank the person who mentioned the parmesean cheese!)

Simple seasonings: S, P, 4 chopped sage leaves, fresh parsley & a pinch of Allspice, and the parmesean. I'll top the cassarole w/ Fontina.

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch Thank you so much for taking time to share your recipe, sounds delicious and I will be trying it.  

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom Sorry for what is happening but I don't understand.

Honored Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch Thank you so much for taking time to share your recipe, sounds delicious and I will be trying it.  

@happilyretiredgirl I've been sneaking some whenever I go to the garage fridge. 😉

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@KingstonsMom Sorry for what is happening but I don't understand.

@happilyretiredgirl Sadly neither did I!

Basically, I was banned for what QVC claimed was me "flooding" the forums with multiple new posts on various forums here the other day.

Other threads that I responded to were even deleted because I responded to them, not fair to the OP! of that thread.

After I voiced my extreme displeasure at the actions of the SocialTeam  via email, I was allowed back in, but it sure hurt my feelings.

I'm very ill right now and this forum is the only one I post on.

I was NOT even given the courtesy of an explanation for their actions. Normally, I've always gotten along well with the Social Team, so I'm very confused about all of this.

None of my posts were offensive in any way, so I doubt they were reported by other posters. It some were, I really apologize profusely, but I feel like there was no reason to report me the to the Social Team. I'm a big girl and I can take constructive criticism!

When I asked the reason for being banned, they responded with feigned ignorance like they didn't know, but we all know that the Social Team is the only ones that can ban a poster, how dumb do they think we are?

That's what I'm angry about. I did ask that any posters who agreed that this was an unfair practice, to please email the Social Team to voice their opinion, regardless of what their opinion was.

Besides an explanation as to why this event occurred, I also asked for a private apology via email. That apology never came.

This could happen to any poster here, arbitrarily, at the Social Team's will.

BTW, I researched the Community Standards and no where could I find any reference to how many threads we could post here, to avoid being accused of "flooding the forums".

For those reasons, I have elected to no longer post here, especially frequently, to avoid all of this.

Nobody needs all of this drama and I'm sorry that my so-called 'flooding the forums" created it.

I'm very ill right now and I just needed to connect with my forum friends.

I sincerely hope that you and yours celebrate an awesome Thanksgiving Day with family, friends, fun and FOOD! LOL!

Thank you for your inquiry as to what happened, I really appreciate it!

ETA: Corrected typos, part of my illness causes extreme confusion and sensitivity. 'Spell check' is my new best friend, LOL!

Have a great day!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

My family always laughs at me when I bring a dessert.  "Yep, Grandma had to try it already".  My answer.......I had to try it to make sure it wouldn't kill anyone.  Works every time.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

I'm sorry to hear that you are unwell right now. Isolating yourself cannot be beneficial to the healing process. I hope that you can stay engaged here on the forums and that you recovery quickly.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

I'm tryin' really hard, but some days I just can't type, so I try to keep it short & sweet!

Thank you for thinking of me! But some days I get so tired of correcting my own errors and I hate to leave them there.

I'm gonna wear out my spellcheck button, LOL!