Honored Contributor

Have you started your T-Day cooking yet?

I started today with an Oreo crust cheesecake and now I have to look at it until Thursday!

oreo cheesecake thanksgiving 2022.JPG

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you started your T-Day cooking yet?

That came out beautifully @house_cat  and looks delicious!  You're going to have to show some real self control!!

I haven't started any of my cooking yet.  

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I started today with an Oreo crust cheesecake and now I have to look at it until Thursday!

oreo cheesecake thanksgiving 2022.JPG

@house_cat 

My goodness that is cheesecake perfection. No way I could wait until Thursday.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Nope. It's just the two of us and we don't go all out. Bird, stuffing, mashed and sweet potatoes and a veggie. I will make a cherry crumble Thursday morning but that's it for the baking. 

Honored Contributor

Not me. Just the bird thawing for Thursday, bought a small one for the 3 of us.

DD and I both have pneumonia and are considered contagious as long as we're running fever and we both are.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I've only prepped the veggies and bread for the dressing and confirmed I have all the ingredients for what I am making. My cooking starts tomorrow.

We have set up the tables and I've laid out the tables with placemats, center arrangement,  yadda yadda. Won't set table until Thursday.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Frequent Contributor

That looks amazing!  And you have amazing will power!  Happy Thanksgiving!  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Not me. Just the bird thawing for Thursday, bought a small one for the 3 of us.

DD and I both have pneumonia and are considered contagious as long as we're running fever and we both are.

@KingstonsMom 

Oh you poor thing. I've had pneumonia twice and it kicked my backside both times. Weak, feverish, thought I was going to cough to death. Can't imagine trying to cook anything. Hope you and your dd get better soon.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Nope!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Regular Contributor

@house_cat 

I'm going to need your address. That looks "dangerous" and must be tested for safety reasons.  I will bring my own fork...