Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you got your Lock and Lock yet?

I fell for the red set.

I'm tired of partially opened bags of crackers/chips/cookies/popcorn in the cupboards all held closed with bag clips. And the last dregs of cereal in boxes taking up space. Leftovers in the frig in odd containers, aluminum foil, mystery bags.

So, L&L for me to get better organized in cupboards and frig!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have many sets of L&L --- which I use every day. I keep the extras in my pantry and kitchen cabinet. I was watching the Q last night when this set was presented --- and I was actually picking out a color. Then - I said to myself ---- you have more than u need. When they show all those colors --- it was hard to resist - but "not today". This set is so worth it - and the many sizes - are very useful.

Respected Contributor

Is this the same as a set they did not all that long ago?

I think I'm done with Lock & Lock.  My old ones are great.  The new ones are fine - except for the lids.  They seem easier to open, which I suppose is OK, but I think it made them inferior to the old ones.  Two of my lids had pieces snap off from being dropped.  The old ones never did that.  Their Customer Services is less than impressive when you need a replacement.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@house_cat

ive been saying that mantra since I got the preview in the Insider.....its been working but I'm fading quick!!!!

lol

I didn't bite, either. I'm waiting for a set that stacks efficiently when open, to make use of cupboard space when I'm using them.  I don't have the patience to nest them when they're not in use.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to order. I was kicking myself last TSV of the nested bowls but now I'm kind of glad I passed on that as this seems like a better deal overall. The worst part was picking the color for me LOL. I swear I am the most indecisive person. First I ordered the cinnamon, then I called and canceled and ordered the Pearl, then I called and changed my color from Pearl to apricot - then I just went ahead and orderd a apearl - so I ended up with one pearl and one apricot LOL. I mean - good grief! I plan on keeping the apricot for myself and gifting the pearl to my mother in law as she loves organizing and just remodeled her kitchen, so this will be something nice for her new kitchen. I'll save it for her birthday in early december so she'll still be able to use it for Christmas. I love that pearl, it's like icy snow - great winter color!

I love lock and lock and I was just thinking the other day I wished I had some of the larger bowls - so this was perfect timing.

Honored Contributor

I was able to get a pearl set on advance order tonight late. One appeared, and I grabbed it quickly. I think the pearl will be pretty for winter. Smiley Happy 

Contributor

We adults stopped exchanging Christmas gifts years ago and only gift the grandkids now.  It was getting way too expensive when you live on a SS retirement check.

Every year though my daughter and daughter-in-law would still get me a little something and it made me feel bad that I didn't get them any thing because of what we all had agreed on.

Knowing this year will probably be the same thing, I'm ready for them this year!  I bought the TSV and plan on giving the "Zen" set to my daughter and the "Round" set to my daughter-in-law.

Win, win, all the way around!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I liked the rectangular ones she had Sun.