Valued Contributor

Re: Have you got your Lock and Lock yet?

I gave in to L&L temptation, bought the pearl, too.

Then I bought the new round rattan look baskets in black (K44555).............and the new tote bag in blue (K44839). 

No more. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Hello everyone.

I ordered a set in the purple from the first show.

What color did you pick up? Multiple sets? I thought about picking up an extra set at this price but keep asking myself if I really need it.

I like that they nest , but agree undoing lids to get in and out can be a pain.

I'm going to nest the bowls and I have a separate cabinet deep rectangle bin where I keep all my lids standing on their spines and can easily slide that bin out and pull the lid I need.

That's always worked really well for me.

I saw this set and the timing is great. I have some old L&L (several years of daily use) where a couple of the lock tabs have broken, older Tupperware that no longer has a good seal and of course the Hodge podge pieces. It's been time to purge/refresh the container cabinet.

How often do you go through and clean out your plastic storage? I admit it's been several years since I have and know I'm going to find lids without matching bowls, etc...

Oh, I heard that caller who said she ordered 8 sets too.. She was gifting some.. I can't imagine personally keeping 8 sets either.

Contributor

No Christmas Lock and lock??? WHAT??

I have plenty so skipped this one.  The pearl looks like a perfect shower gift though! 

Mary Beth said last night that this was the last lock and lock TSV for the YEAR!  That means no lock/lock Christmas TSV?  Bummer.  I really liked those bags and bowls combos they have had the last few years.  Maybe they'll have them but they won't be a TSV? 

I wonder why?  Didn't they sell like 200,000 of the darn things last year (according to David Venable who likes sharing that kind of info!). 

Super Contributor

I was wondering, does anyone have the glass L &L and how do you like it?

I've never tried the glass, but have most of my dry goods in l&l canisters.

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

I gave in and bought a set. I love lock and lock and it's a great set!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I am always tempted by Lock & Lock, but I have so much that I don't even use.  I don't cook much.  We use some pieces.  My last purchase is a bowl set that was a TSV.  It is in my pantry, untouched.  My stupid thing is that I like to keep the sets together, all in the kitchen.  I don't want one piece in the garage, another in my craft room, etc.  I know that is dumb on my part.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

We ended up buying the TSV in the pearl color and one other set as my DH will use it to store his cereal.

I've never had it before and our local grocery store sells it, but certainly not at the prices here, so I hope it works well.

I just bought a different set for my oldest son who just purchased his first house and he needs this kind of stuff.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I have a love/hate relationship with those L&L's that stack inside one another.  I love the fact that they take up so much less space.  However, I hate it when the size I want is near the bottom of the stack!  But I sure do love Lock and Lock products!!!!!

LOL.  My thought as well.  Along with, why in the heck would I want to pay this much for plastics?  This whole L&L concept is lost on me.  I have enough containers and plastics to last my lifetime, even with constantly giving it away. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't tend to buy many products that are in plastic bowls to begin with . I have the butter tub, the Land O'Lakes real butter one, but that isn't very good for reuse. The large butter tubs, yogurts, cool whip....things like that, I don't buy often. They aren't very good for storing past a few attempts anyway. I prefer not to reheat in them due to chemicals, staining, bubbling, etc...but I do have to carry food to work for lunch, and it has to be in a clear container for security purposes. It gets passed through an xray machine and then an officer looking at it this way and that, so something that stays closed through all of that and being somewhat tossed back into my bag is a must. I'd rather not have to clean my lunch off my stuff and/or not have lunch to eat. Lock and Lock actually stays locked. I do have some of the clones in Sterlite and the like, but this configuration is what I've been looking for in size and nesting.

Respected Contributor

I'm not buying the TSV because not a fan of the bowls. For me the round does not make the best use of my limited cupboard space and refrigerator space. Wish they would do a TSV that is all rectangular. From the show early this morning I did purchase two pantry sets and a set of the rectangle containers. I'm going to purge or donate some of my much older containers Lock n Lock and others and replace with the new. I put everything in a Lock n Lock container in my refrigerator, food last longer. Because if this hardly ever use foil or plastic wrap. Someone asked about the glass Lock n Lock containers. I have two sets and they work fine.