Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you come across a new cookbook lately you really like?

While our library has a nice quantity of cookbooks, sometimes the quality leaves a lot to be desired. They're not really new books.

I received All About Braising by Molly Stevens on Monday (from Amazon) and it's really a nice book. I can't wait for the cooler weather to get here, so that I can start trying some of the recipes in the book. I'm really intrigued with Short Ribs Braised in Porter Ale with Maple Rosemary Glaze and Braised Whole Chicken with Bread Stuffing & Bacon. 

My next cookbook may be Project Smoke by Steven Raichlen. I've been watching the series on CREATE and have been a big Raichlen fan now for several years. His Louisville Wings on the grill are simply delicious and I use his recipe for pulled pork at least twice every summer. Thanks to BBQ USA, I grill whole onions filled with delicious baked beans, asparagus rafts, all kinds of veggies. His Espresso BBQ Sauce is decadent. I like him. We have BBQ USA and The BBQ Bible and The BBQ Bible Sauces, Rubs,  and Marinades and we use them all during the summer when we grill almost every night. We recently got a smoker and I'm learning how to smoke pretty much everything. Raichlen's books are very informative. I'm pretty much the chef in the family and I've learned how to cook indoors and outside, too.

Honored Contributor

If you like bbq rubs and sauces Paul Kirk's books on the subject are wonderful!

Super Contributor

kitty60,

Most public libraries participate in InterLibrary Loan and will borrow books from other libraries for you. There's no cost for this - at least not at our library and you can borrow just about any book you'd like to see. 

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne, ditto. I do the same thing!!! LOL

Honored Contributor

@hellokitty, does your DH have any Cb's from Gooseberry Patch?  They are right up your alley.

Honored Contributor

Library users don't forget ILL's Inter-Library Loans. Then too you can always ask the libarian to order some of the books for the library you really like. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Ask away!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

If you like bbq rubs and sauces Paul Kirk's books on the subject are wonderful!

Indeed they are!  I found one of his books in our library a couple years ago. I've always wanted to buy that book and never seemed to get around to it. 

Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue is the book. It's a great BBQ book!