Honored Contributor

Re: Have you cleaned under the fridge lately?

With older refrigerators, it was easy to use one of those dryer vent type brushes to clean underneath. I can't do that with our "new" one, so I just hope for the best.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Yes just a couple of weeks ago. DH did not like it when I asked him to move it so I could clean under & behind it.

Honored Contributor

About every 6 months DH pulls out the fridge and the stove to clean under, behind and scrub down the sides of the stove. He also pulls out the dryer and gets the vent as far as he can from below then has to get on the roof to do as much as possible from above.The space in the middle we can only pray about.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

About every 6 months DH pulls out the fridge and the stove to clean under, behind and scrub down the sides of the stove. He also pulls out the dryer and gets the vent as far as he can from below then has to get on the roof to do as much as possible from above.The space in the middle we can only pray about.

Can I please rent your husband? Please!  

Honored Contributor

We clean the vents under the fridge out, we don't pull it out.  We have a cooktop so no stove to pull out, but I've never heard of anyone pulling a stove out before.  I guess if you fry a lot the sides might get dirty.  Who knew?  

I haven't ever had a stove in a house come to think of it.  My mom had one. I have always had cooktops.  My last house had a wonderful cooktop with high btu gas burners on a couple of the hobs.  I miss it and when I get time I want to replace the gas cooktop this house has. 

Honored Contributor

Why, yes I have!! had my refer repaired recently,so moved it out and cleaned the vent and  mopped the floor--don't have coils but dusted off the back where the cord is. I actually try to do that every 6 months or so. Do the same to my stove too.

Honored Contributor

Back when we had the cat, hubby would do it a couple of time a year.  I'm sure it wasn't a pretty sight but that was his job, I wasn't there.  He doesn't do it now.  We'll just take our chances. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, I haven't. Thanks for the reminder, lol.