Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Had See's Candy?

@loriqvc wrote:

@bonappetit wrote:

house_cat:

👎

R U Kidding? Russel Stover & Whitman's? These brands are drug store candy. Apples & oranges. "Cutsey" stores? 

@bonappetit - I actually think Russell Stover makes excellent milk chocolate, and its candies filled with marshmallow and caramel are among the best in the market, even when comparing artisanal or speciality chocolates. As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, each brand seems to have some really amazing offerings and many that are pretty average; I have yet to find a chocolatier where every single piece it produces is "the best chocolate ever."

@loriqvc 

I agree.  There are definitely flavors of See's candy I like better than others.  I love the fact that I can pick and choose which one I think are the best to be in the assorted box.  Often I will get just three or four different ones in a one pound box.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love See's Candy! We've had it in stores in the midwest for years (department stores, their own stores and kiosks). Given a choice of brands, it would be one of my top picks.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve never had See’s, but hear good reviews about it.  In Pittsburgh, two great brands....Sarris and Betsy Ann. Both delicious.  But other small shops as well but love Betsy Ann’s.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have.  It's a West Coast/California product.  One of my daughters loves it and has a friend who sends a box twice a year.  

I'm not a fan.  We have 2 excellent candy makers in our area, Premise Maid and Josh Earley.  Their candy is made on site and is delicious.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes!  I have lived in Northern California my entire life and have always loved See's.

This Holiday season our Costco had boxes of the peanut brittle and the lollipops (chocolate, vanilla, latte, and butterscotch).

Love the molasses chips and milk chocolate buttercream.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always LOVED their toffee. It has been my favorite since the 80's. Although I have not had any in years, I remember they had peanut butter lollipops that my children always wanted, whenever we visited the mall. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

See's candy??  

YUMMMMMZ!

Respected Contributor

Yes, west coast people enjoy it very good, I still am stuck in the Hershey thing but we get a small amount. Enjoy but we try to only have a few amount. I love a box of candy but we try to limit it but See's candies are good & enjoy

Trusted Contributor

I live in Wisconsin and you can only seem to find it in certain mall kiosks for the holidays during the holiday season, unless you want to buy it online.

My husband happens to think that it's a bit too rich or too decadent where it's almost too much for him to really enjoy it.

I personally like it. 

I like their lollipops. Those are great. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Favorite candy--Nothing beats Esther Price from Dayton area. Especially the bourbon chocoate covered cherries. 

Spoiler