Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Had See's Candy?

OMgosh---YES!!!! Have a store in my town now. the candy is so yummy. i get my choc chips there too. A little pricey but really good!!!

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I just read that it was one of the best candies to buy. I never heard of this candy and never saw it in any stores.If you have had it where did you buy it and is it better than other candy. 

Yes, it's very good candy.  I first learned of it when I lived in California.  Our local mall had a See's Candy store in it.  I think it's more of a west coast thing.  However, now living in the Southeast and to my surprise one Christmas a pop up store of See's candy was in a strip mall.  The man inside said they would sell See's candy at our big local mall but rent got too high (and they would only be there for the Christmas season).  However, I did not see them last year nor this year.  There has been people (neighbors) asking where's the See candy store on our local neighbor app.  Another brand I like very much is Gardner's.  They've been around a long time.  They have (hope it's still there) an old fashioned candy store in Tyrone PA. 

Trusted Contributor

The best chocolate I've ever had was Ethel M Chocolates which is made in Henderson, NV.  It's sold at the airport, factory store and online.  They also had booth at Costco giving away samples and the purchase price was excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

I love See's chocolates, but as is the case with every brand of chocolates, some of the flavors are stellar and others are nice but fairly average. If you're able to go into a store and create your own selection, you can end up with a box that is truly worth its weight in gold. Highly recommended options include the Scotchmallow (a caramel and marshmallow combination), the milk and dark buttercreams, the raspberry cream and raspberry truffle (all the truffles are quite tasty), and the star of the See's family, the Bordeaux, with its brown sugar buttercream center and distinctive sprinkles on top that help you grab it first whenever you see it in an assortment (Bordeaux candy bars are also available). My mother is not a huge fan of storebought candy, but since I was pretty young, she's always gotten a litle box of See's Bordeaux or a Bordeaux bar or two from my father for Christmas because it's her all-time favorite commercial chocolate.

Trusted Contributor

FYI....At our local Costco we can buy a See's gift card.....so you can save some money.

Super Contributor

The first time I saw See's Candy was in California many years ago and in airports.... Then I was only able to buy them online.  Now I see that they sell the candy in Lord & Taylors near where I live... So check it out....

Valued Contributor

I love See's Candy!  My favorites are the milk chocolate with vanilla cream and walnut center.  Also love the hard brittle in milk chocolate, I think it's called California Brittle.  Their Easter eggs with fudge and nut centers are the best.  My Mom & Dad loved their Peanut Brittle.  You can also go online and create a box of your favorites which I have done now that I'm not living in Southern California anymore.  The stores used to always give you a sample or two but I don't know if they still do.  Enjoy!  

Esteemed Contributor

You can also walk in and buy just one piece of a fav for a treat.  Nice.

Trusted Contributor

At first I thought this was a joke. Here in Ca they’ve been around for at least 50 plus years. The lines are crazy at holidays, they even give a free piece of your choice. Interesting thread to see the shops are different around USA.
Honored Contributor

Born and bred in SoCal, but I have tasted many types of chocolate from what I consider lower-end to ridiculously gourmet.

Nothing, nothing, nothing comes close to the quality, the freshness, and the taste of See's.

When I get the urge, I go to my local See's and buy by the piece the ones that are my favorite.

The boxes are great for gifts, but I like to choose. Oh, and their little chocolate Santa Clause candies are a tradition for us. We have it give them to the family.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland