Respected Contributor

Have They Stopped Making Chocolate Cool Whip?

I was going to make a dessert with chocolate cool whip and when I went to 3 stores can't find it anywhere. Anyone know if they stopped making this? I had never purchased it before but I remember seeing it in the stores and when of course I want it I can't find it.

Re: Have They Stopped Making Chocolate Cool Whip?

The varieties currently sold are Original, Extra Creamy, French Vanilla, Light, Free (fat-free), and Sugar-Free, made with nutra sweet. Strawberry is sold seasonally, typically in the summer. French Vanilla and chocolate are also seasonal flavors, typically being sold around Thanksgiving and Christmas

Honored Contributor

I'd favor chocolate over the strawberry flavor. Typically I'll buy the original, but try to limit how much Cool Whip we use.
Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I was going to make a dessert with chocolate cool whip and when I went to 3 stores can't find it anywhere. Anyone know if they stopped making this? I had never purchased it before but I remember seeing it in the stores and when of course I want it I can't find it.

Some of the "flavors" are seasonal. Just try adding some cocoa to regular!

Esteemed Contributor

You coul make fresh whip cream and add a bit of Nestle Quick or sweetened hot cocoa powder.

Cocoa powder alone is really bitter.

Respected Contributor

How about some Nestles Quick? or hersheys syrup? Bosco?

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

You coul make fresh whip cream and add a bit of Nestle Quick or sweetened hot cocoa powder.

I know it's bitter, but to me at least, Cool Whip is overly sweet!

Valued Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Not only super sweet, but loaded with not something I would eat. Take a look at the ingredients. Best to add what you suggested to FRESH whipped cream.

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Not only super sweet, but loaded with not something I would eat. Take a look at the ingredients. Best to add what you suggested to FRESH whipped cream.

5,4,3,2,1 ding, ding, ding this poster wins! It's always a countdown as to when the Cool Whip bashing starts. I feel if I make a Cool Whip dessert once or twice a year its certainly not going to harm me or anyone else that eats it.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

5,4,3,2,1 ding, ding, ding this poster wins! It's always a countdown as to when the Cool Whip bashing starts. I feel if I make a Cool Whip dessert once or twice a year its certainly not going to harm me or anyone else that eats it.

Whatever do you MEAN!? Dont you know that passing judgement on others (especially on line) has become the new National Pastime?!

Its part of the new national selfishness where each of us feels our own opinions are "better" than those of another, (even when not asked for them) and we are NOT ashamed to tell them..anonymously, of course...