Trusted Contributor

Re: Has your taste for certain foods changed since getting older?

On 2/9/2014 chickenbutt said:

We were forced to eat a lot of really nasty things as a child (you cannot even imagine, trust me!), so I am picky. I have always been picky.

I like variety, so I like a lot of things and I don't think that has really changed over the years/decades.

The list of things that gross me out has remained the same. Aside from a few things in general I don't care for, my list of 6 foods that just skeeve me out to no end continues to be mayonnaise, eggs, sour cream, yogurt, buttermilk, and milk. I can cook with the eggs and milk, however, if it is a recipe where those ingredients disappear into the finished product. But the other four I won't even cook with because I'd end up sick just from the thought and smell of them.

Trust me, sadly I can- and not because we were poor. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2014 twocent said:
On 2/9/2014 chickenbutt said:

We were forced to eat a lot of really nasty things as a child (you cannot even imagine, trust me!), so I am picky. I have always been picky.

I like variety, so I like a lot of things and I don't think that has really changed over the years/decades.

The list of things that gross me out has remained the same. Aside from a few things in general I don't care for, my list of 6 foods that just skeeve me out to no end continues to be mayonnaise, eggs, sour cream, yogurt, buttermilk, and milk. I can cook with the eggs and milk, however, if it is a recipe where those ingredients disappear into the finished product. But the other four I won't even cook with because I'd end up sick just from the thought and smell of them.

Trust me, sadly I can- and not because we were poor. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Eeeee gads.........my grandpa made head cheese in the basement........wouldn't eat that stinky stuff then........and certainly not now........ There was really some awful stuff in our house.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

One particular thing I used to like was American cheese (on whatever), but's it's become too bland for me. So, I instead replace it with regular cheddar.

And if I want more of a 'bite' or 'kick', I'll then choose sharp cheddar, white cheddar. or extra-sharp cheddar.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to hate avocado and asparagus...now I love them.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

I'm finding that I like less and less as I get older.

Meat is less appealing to me now more than ever, although I do eat a good amount of white meat chicken.