Honored Contributor

Re: Has the Kitchen Section Gone to Pot?

Noel7 wrote:

Hi CB @chickenbutt

I didn't see the thread in question.  I have been chastised for responding to people and I hate to see Adore feel bad. 

When I first started coming here I didn't understand the difference between Kitchen and Recipes, I still don't, LOL.  I started thinking Kitchen was a place to talk about things like the Air Fryer, but maybe that isn't it.  I'm open to an explanation Smiley Happy

I don't want anybody to feel bad either.   I just hoped that she would have seen that what she thought was an attack actually wasn't, and maybe that would clear things up and leave her feeling as she should.  Smiley Happy

Who knows the difference. heh!  I just figured that 'Recipes' is for posting or requesting recipes and 'Kitchen' is for everything else related to kitchen/cooking.    But I don't think there is a hardfast rule for that sort of thing either.

Honored Contributor

I think both the Kitchen and Recipe sections have gone to "pot".  I used to look forward looking at the forums.  Not much interesting any more (at least not to me).  I know many who used to post on the recipe forum are gone.  I have gone to looking at food blogs for "tried and true" recipes.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi CB @chickenbutt

I didn't see the thread in question.  I have been chastised for responding to people and I hate to see Adore feel bad. 

When I first started coming here I didn't understand the difference between Kitchen and Recipes, I still don't, LOL.  I started thinking Kitchen was a place to talk about things like the Air Fryer, but maybe that isn't it.  I'm open to an explanation Smiley Happy

I don't want anybody to feel bad either.   I just hoped that she would have seen that what she thought was an attack actually wasn't, and maybe that would clear things up and leave her feeling as she should.  Smiley Happy

Who knows the difference. heh!  I just figured that 'Recipes' is for posting or requesting recipes and 'Kitchen' is for everything else related to kitchen/cooking.    But I don't think there is a hardfast rule for that sort of thing either.

Food is what we all have in common.  It is basically a never ending topic.  Just when we think we've heard it all, something new comes up.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried to become more active in the Kitchen, but the Food Police rear their ugly heads and I got tired of it. It seems that people feel it's their heavenly duty to tell us that something has too much fat, too much sugar, too much anything. And I got tired of seeing "Yuck!" if somebody decided she didn't like a food or a recipe. It's completely unnecessary.

As for people who respond to every poster on their topic, well, I guess that's their choice. It is a good way to bump up threads. But when a poster posts a long and verbose book to say nothing but "Oh, I just think you're wonderful!" and to pat themselves on the back, well, that's ridiculous in itself. 

I do wish there was a PM system here so that people could use that instead of some of what's posted by a particular poster (the one-page wordy posts that really say nothing). But I doubt that would do any good. 

Honored Contributor

I skip over the threads that have nothing to do with the name of the forum and don't read silly things. Interesting to read how some folks like different gadgets like Nuwave and why some don't prefer it, etc. Pressure cookers are my fav subject. Used one since I was 14 and now have them galore.

This could be a teaching forum for young people.

Respected Contributor

Biggest problem IMHO.   Yes I'm guilty as well.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

yes the boards have changed, the kitchen board has changed a lot, escpecially since they broke it into "recipes" and "kitchen"..(as if those two things do not intersect)

Of course i know that everything changes, and always will...

I used to love to read the recipes, but now it seems that nearly everytime a recipe is posted , there is someone from the food police pointing out how unhealthy some ingredient is.. Can' t we all just assume that each of us know what is right for ourselves, and do not need  any self righteous  amateur  nutriitionist to tell us what we SHOULD be eating? i find it offensive. To me it is no differen than someone trying to change my religion here on the BB, because they believe theirs is "better"...

And though I love to hear others opinions, i really dont like being chastised over my choice of food

Sooner, i would like to know what we could do do bring back that excitement.. there was a time when i couldnt wait to get to the Food BB (and Viewpoints)... and catch up on the latest..Now, it seems that days can pass with out a reply to a post.. and they sink into oblivion...

Only my opinion, but maybe we could all pitch in and try to post some interesting thoughts or experiences we have had.  Maybe you have cooked something out of a new cookbook or one you have had a long time.  Perhaps you found something that cooks especially well in a favorite pan or could share the experience.

Maybe the moderators could leave recipes that are along with comments in the kitchen section, while a post that is simply a recipe could go in the recipes section.  It gets so long it is tedious to look through it and I think some of us never go there.

Also, don't worry if someone doesn't like what you like or thinks it is yucky.  I think of that as an opinion not a slam--like when friends are talking and someone says "OH GOOD LORD!  I could never eat an oyster!"  People are just passionate about what they like and don't like--and maybe it's some of that passion that has sort of slipped out of the conversations here.

Also, QVC should listen to this "conversation" because obviously they aren't giving us much to be excited about now are they?

Honored Contributor

QUESTION:

I come across reports about food and news of a new food product.

Since they're not recipes, I wouldn't know where to put them.  Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Kitchen

I've put up stuff about the new yeast and having trouble finding it

'Plantium' yeast. That's what this forum is for. Sharing, information about what food related new products on the market, small kitchen electrics, new food items on the market.

People who don't cook or eat will lose interest if it's not about them and will go elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Kitchen

I've put up stuff about the new yeast and having trouble finding it

'Plantium' yeast. That's what this forum is for. Sharing, information about what food related new products on the market, small kitchen electrics, new food items on the market.

People who don't cook or eat will lose interest if it's not about them and will go elsewhere.

@SharkE

OK, I'll give it a try. If I make a mistake, let me know Smiley Happy