Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Barkeepers Friend cleaning products?

I've used the powdered type for many years to clean lots of things including SS cookware, sink, trash can and many other uses mentioned here.

It makes oven cleaning a lot less work, as well as cleaning the under burner drip pans.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I've been using it on my stainless steel sink as well as in my bathtub. But when it's gone that's it. I find it takes too long get rinsed completely off and down the drain. There always seems to be some residue left here and there.

Super Contributor

Don't waste your $ on this product and don't get your hopes up. Tried it and saw nothing special about it. Scrubbing wasn't any easier or even work, for that matter.

Even though it claims to be "the product" to use on All-Clad pans. Doesn't do anything.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't used it in years but I always preferred Comet.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Regular Contributor

YES, YES, YES.  It is a wonderful product and I've used it for years.  I use the powder on my stainless steel and other kitchen items.  It does not scratch and does a great job.  I  just learned that they offer other products and am going to look into them  I highly recommend this company.

Regular Contributor

I just checked the warnings on the can of the cleanser.  They are the same warninngs you find on other household cleaners and I have never had a problem with it. The instructions are clear and the items that it should not be used on are clearly listed.  Perhaps the item that is still sitting in someone's garage is not the same product.  Go to www.barkeepersfriend.com to get more information.   

Regular Contributor

I don't understand your post.  If it so dangerous, why are you holding on to it?  I have used bar keepers friend cleanser for years.  Are you sure it's the same product?  Maybe you bought ZUD?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an old porcelin sink and it works great on that, takes out the dark scrapes I get when washing pans.

Valued Contributor

I have VERY hard water and it makes my stainless steel sink shine. It repels the hard water too. LOVE it!!!

Honored Contributor

I found it's too hard to rinse away.