Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Barkeepers Friend cleaning products?

Yes, I've used it for years. Another good scrubbing product for those want something a little less powerful for certain uses is Bon Ami.

I also highly recommend Soft Scrub all-pupose cleaner, the one without bleach. For some reason, it is the only product cleans up my stovetop. It's liquid, so no worries about it being difficult to rinse.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Yes, I've used it for years. Another good scrubbing product for those want something a little less powerful for certain uses is Bon Ami.

I also highly recommend Soft Scrub all-pupose cleaner, the one without bleach. For some reason, it is the only product cleans up my stovetop. It's liquid, so no worries about it being difficult to rinse.

I prefer using Bon Ami b/c that one doesn't contain oxalic acid which is highly toxic and can be absorbed into the skin.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had the powdered version for years and only used it occasionally.  I felt kind of so so about it.  But recently I bought the liquid version and wow, I like it a lot.  It removes the grey marks on my porcelain sink from pots and pans and makes it look like new!  No scrubbing - at all.  Great on Corningware too.  Easily removes utensil marks from my lighter colored Fiesta ware as well.

On the other hand, I took it to my son's house to try it out on his spotted, marked up stainless steel sink.  It didn't remove a single spot or mark.  I will say that it left the sink really shiny.  So it was a very shiny, spotted marked up sink ha ha.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would be VERY careful with this product!  Years ago I bought some.  I used it in my kitchen sink and it took all the chrome off the drain so now it looks awful with just the brass showing.  The nice shiny chrome that had been there for 30 years was gone. I was shocked!   :-(   I kick myself every day for using it.  It was bad experience for me and I have to look at it every day so I DO NOT recommend it!

Honored Contributor

We have been using for about 5 years, first the powder formula and lately the liquid! It works like a dream.......

Trusted Contributor

We have a few white coffee mugs that were stained, even though they were always ran through the dishwasher. I used a little and it took the coffee stains right off without scratching. Now they’re white and looking nice. 

Valued Contributor

I have used it to clean stainless steel cookware and sink. It works great. I have also used Ajax and Comet scouring powders that gave me the same results.

Trusted Contributor

I've been using BKF for decades, both for my sink and the bottoms of my pots and pans. It's gentle, has no chlorine, never scratches and gets things nice and clean. The only product I know about is the scouring powder. 

Super Contributor

Yes, Bar Keepers Friend Superior Cookware Cleanser and Polish in the silver, not the gold can. My can says, "Like new or your money back." It is fabulous. I use it on my Instant Pot, my All-Clad cookware and my stainless steel sink. This cookware and sink do look like new. I highly recommend it.

Contributor

If you have white dishes or platters that get gray marks on them from knives, the powder will make them look like new. Fabulous stuff!