Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Oprah's new food products ?

Target was selling her soup for $4.99. It was 16 oz - two cups. The container looked small but each cup was around 200 calories. I found it by the hummus. It was in the deli section. It looked good.

Regular Contributor

Perfectly stated!!!!!!! She earned every penny!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

@JaneMarple

Thank you for these words today.  Smiley Happy

'As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last. Appreciate what you have. Be thankful and stop complaining. Live more, complain less. Have more smiles, less stress'

Regular Contributor

I tried one of the soups before I knew it was Oprah.  I don't remember the flavor; it was fine.  I bought it because of the nutritionals (I had bariatric surgery a few years ago, so I read labels for everything).  It was good; not super "rich" tasting like the original version, but not bad.  I found out it was an Oprah product after seeing the commercial and recognizing the label.  I'd buy them again, but you're not going to mistake them for full fat, full butter, full etc. Keep in mind that I don't remember the flavor, LOL!

Frequent Contributor

Colinka: Really!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

Once you start making your own homemade soups, you’ll never buy the prepared stuff. I’m retired now but when I was working, Sunday afternoons were cooking time. In September and October, I’d make a batch of soups, all of which were a meal unto themselves. I froze them and simply heated them up when I came home from work. Sometimes I’d serve with a salad but didn’t really have to. A great baguette would complete the meal. None of this was rocket science. I’m all for convenience but homemade is always best.

@Vivian  How right you are Vivian, and you are the soup creator......love my own homemade soups....especially the beautiful bean soup from the Christmas ham leftovers!  Add your homemade breads with your soups and you are in heaven.....  Easy and as healthy as you desire....

Trusted Contributor

I just get tired of everything being “celebrity” labelled, endorsed, etc.   No matter who it is. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

To: lovemygrands

I am wondering if you understand how demeaning your comment sounds?

Life is chaos: Be kind

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

In an effort to answer the original question, I have tried two of her soups,  IMHO they were definitely NOT good.  

I would not have bought them, but I was having difficulty with an antibiotic I was given because I had a serious leg injury, which had become infected.  My daughter went out to find some quickly heated food for me as I wasn't supposed to walk. She chose two of Oprah's O,That's Good soups, and O, They were not good.  I don't remember which two. But they were definitely not something I would ever buy again. And the price?  O- MG, way out of line.  

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

In an effort to answer the original question, I have tried two of her soups,  IMHO they were definitely NOT good.  

I would not have bought them, but I was having difficulty with an antibiotic I was given because I had a serious leg injury, which had become infected.  My daughter went out to find some quickly heated food for me as I wasn't supposed to walk. She chose two of Oprah's O,That's Good soups, and O, They were not good.  I don't remember which two. But they were definitely not something I would ever buy again. And the price?  O- MG, way out of line.  

Hi,

I just found this thread after writing another and a poster sent me yours.  I think I will pass on the food after reading the few reviews.

My other point was that Oprah's under eyes look fantastic.  I wonder if it is a product or surgery.  Anyway, she looked good.  I mean that sincerely.