Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Oprah's new food products ?

First, I don't like her.  Second, any food she's been eating doesn't seem to be helping her any if weight loss is the goalWoman LOL!  No, I won't buy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi

you could buy a big fresh potato and buy one of those bags of steamer veggies - and put some on the potato!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@vabreeze

and the poor keep getting poorer.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased a 10 pack of Amy's Organic Soups - Lentil and Lentil with vegetables - Low Sodium - from Costco. GREAT!!!!

Honored Contributor

Not interested.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@vabreeze Don't get upset.  The other wealthy people you mentioned are not in your face like Oprah.  I am just sick of seeing her all the time when she was supposedly retired.  All the other people you mentioned earned their money too but they are not plastered on magazine covers, have their own TV channel.  Oprah is too self centered for me.  This is MY opinion.  Cat Tongue  P.S.  I will probably try her soup!!!!

@Katcat1

Whyever did you think I was upset?  I think I simply provided a very logical reply to an irrational statement ("like she doesn't have enough money now").  And FTR, I wouldn't purchase Oprah's soups or any canned soup because they all have too much sodium.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@vabreeze

and the poor keep getting poorer.

@kivah, actually that is true, although not the fault of any one individual; it's systemic. What should be done to stop it?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

There is a way to stop it and I know how, I control my money and if I choose to spend or not too it is me. I remember about 4yrs ago lettuce (drought) was almost $4 a head for iceberg I chose not too we are consumers and some will or won't with any product out there. I feel starbucks is over rated but only had starbucks once chose not to buy but I did buy a few stocks because there is always a line in there. I really think some will buy once or twice just for fun but nobody is in my wallet but me. I do admit I do buy things for a treat or fun of it. These shopping channels have many celebrities selling clothes, make-up or food just goes on & on. Some do well others don't just a roll of the dice. I did buy a few Wolfgang products & liked them heard Curtis Stone has nice things haven't tried them. Just don't blame Oprah for cashing in like the rest of them.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Desertdi

you could buy a big fresh potato and buy one of those bags of steamer veggies - and put some on the potato!!!!!

@kivah  Sometimes, I put a package of Birds' Eye broccoli & cheese on top!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vabreeze

It's fine that she is making money, my point being, if you are touting that you want "everyone" to eat healty, then make it affordable for "everyone".    Do you really think that those of us on a fixed income, or food stamps can afford a $6.00, serving for one, soup?   Now, if she is going to sell it as gourmet foods, then sell it as such.

Keeping  this in mind, I will repeat my original statement of it's all about the money.