Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Oprah's new food products ?

Recorded ET and now Oprah is on with her food. Guess it will be coming to our stores soon. Those cauliflower mash potatoes look good but DH doesn't like that or squash soup so he is out.

Regular Contributor

Would not buy anything from Ellen or Oprah. They are not the gold standard IMO. Make your own, it's not that hard people.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CoffeeNut

You can bet that they won't be affordable for a family.  Oprah isn't in it for anything but the money. 

Honored Contributor

Cauliflower and squash are not my favorite veggies.    If I want a potato, I buy a big Idaho, and make a meal out of it.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Georgiagrama

Aren't all business people in it for the money?!  That's why some millionaires become billionaires and the billionaires keep trying to add to their billions.

Trusted Contributor

Re:  "Oprah cashes in on everything. Like she doesn't have enough money now."

@Katcat1

Do you feel the same way about the wealth of: Bill Gates (should all Microsoft products be free because he and his company have enough money already), Warren Buffett (as CEO of the company that owns GEICO, Fruit of the Loom, Dairy Queen and Pampered Chef among other companies, should customers receive free insurance coverage and all the ice-cream and Pampered Chef products they want), Jim, Robson and Alice Walton (should Wal-Mart advertise and offer everything as 'free') and Jeff Bezos (should Amazon Prime and all of its products/services be available to everyone at no cost) because, as you state, it's not like these people don't have enough money now.

Why do you begrudge Oprah her wealth?  She didn't inherit her wealth-- she did it in a way others would be heralded for-- she EARNED it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Once you start making your own homemade soups, you’ll never buy the prepared stuff. I’m retired now but when I was working, Sunday afternoons were cooking time. In September and October, I’d make a batch of soups, all of which were a meal unto themselves. I froze them and simply heated them up when I came home from work. Sometimes I’d serve with a salad but didn’t really have to. A great baguette would complete the meal. None of this was rocket science. I’m all for convenience but homemade is always best.

Esteemed Contributor

A big fat no for me. I want my soup with real old fashion ingredients. I don’t want to substitute potatoes for cauliflower or squash on the premis that it’s better for me. It probably is tasteless as h*** . Soup isn’t bad for you  if you make your own. Also I also heard they were areound $6.00 a serving. That’s way to much for a serving of soup. 

Respected Contributor

I enjoy Oprah. I like soup. I probably would not pay almost $6. a serving though.

@VivianI agree soup is so easy to make . I sometimes make a big batch and freeze small servings (lock & lock ) . I also use the little cookers like Wolfgang's or small rice cooker to make 1-2 servings just using 'this n that ' from fridge. 

I usually turn off Ellen after listening to her opening monologue . I continued watching the other day with Oprah and laughed a lot.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vabreeze wrote:

Re:  "Oprah cashes in on everything. Like she doesn't have enough money now."

@Katcat1

Do you feel the same way about the wealth of: Bill Gates (should all Microsoft products be free because he and his company have enough money already), Warren Buffett (as CEO of the company that owns GEICO, Fruit of the Loom, Dairy Queen and Pampered Chef among other companies, should customers receive free insurance coverage and all the ice-cream and Pampered Chef products they want), Jim, Robson and Alice Walton (should Wal-Mart advertise and offer everything as 'free') and Jeff Bezos (should Amazon Prime and all of its products/services be available to everyone at no cost) because, as you state, it's not like these people don't have enough money now.

Why do you begrudge Oprah her wealth?  She didn't inherit her wealth-- she did it in a way others would be heralded for-- she EARNED it.  

Unless wealth was earned by injuring others, like with drug dealers, no it doesn't bother me if someone else is wealthy. BTW, I don't begrudge people inheritances either. That notwithstanding, I'm not paying $1,000 for the newest Apple product and I'm not paying $6.00 for a serving of soup that I have to drive to the supermarket, stand on line, drive home, heat up and serve myself.  There are celebrities that I will not support, but it has nothing to do with their right to earn money. 
Do the math.