Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Blue Apron food delivery?

My neighbor does (family of 4- one is 8 and one is a baby, so) and they love it. She and I were discussing the differences because I will use Let's DISH! off and on (and have for 10 years now).

I prefer Let's DISH because all I need to do is take it out of the freezer/fridge and it's ready to cook; the prep work for all the meals was done in a few hours at their facility by me earlier; I can choose to add or take away seasonings, do all of one dish, etc. You don't have that flexibility with Blue Apron. That said, they prefer it to be delivered right to their home and do the prep work there as well.

The items are fresh, in season.... they love it. For me, not having the ability to pick and choose is a no-go, having to prep up front doesn't save me any time and it's a bit more expensive than Let's DISH.

Honored Contributor

I don't know anyone that uses Blue Apron but I personally know 3 different people who use Plated.  They are very impressed.  I looked at the website and most of it looked very good.  My DH would be the problem with it.

Esteemed Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

I have a friend that uses them each week and has for about a year.   With her long hours at work, workout schedule and hungry husband--the finds them super easy and delicious!  The only negative she has shared is that some of the recipes are a bit involved and time consuming....  But in the end she loves the quality and convenience!! Smiley Happy

I have heard the same.  Lots of this and that to add in but the meal was okay.  I will someday give them a try. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband will eat anything.  I'm so picky and I mainly eat steamed veggies and a lean protein for my dinner.    I just buy broccoli and cauliflower and throw tuna, grilled chicken breast , turkey breast or salmon into it, LOL.

DH will eat anything I put in his face so this Blue Apron would never be appealing for me--too much work for me.

For some of my friends, though, they'd totally be into it.  They have pickier husbands and pickier families and want variety.

I've heard Alec Baldwin and some other people on podcasts promote this recently. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

No, the concept is interesting, but I couldn't envision trying it.

Respected Contributor

It isn't for me.  I just don't understand how getting home after work and having to wash, peel,chop.  prep and cook a meal with ingredients that someone sends me  is any more convenient OR QUICKER than me deciding what I want tonight and making it myself and having enough to feed myself tomorrow WITHOUT going through a lot of prep again.   Look through a cookbook and pre plan for cryin' out loud. The ONLY thing that is a plus to all that is that it looks like they send you a recipie for the meal.  Not one post has said if anyone keeps these instructions and makes the meal again buying their own ingredients later on.