Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone made crockpot lasagna?

I've seen recipes for it but never tried it.  My son came over to mow yesterday and said he made it.  Evidently his buddies loved it and announced he had to make it again.  He has gotten to be a pretty good cook.

Has anyone else tried it and liked it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone made crockpot lasagna?

[ Edited ]

A co-worker used to bring this recipe for potlucks.  It is yummy:

1 lb ground beef or Italian sausage

28 oz crushed tomatoes

6 oz tomato paste

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1 tsp brown sugar

1/2 tsp dried oregano

1/2 tsp dried basil

1/4 tsp dried thyme

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp balsamic vinegar

2 cups cottage cheese

1/2 cup grated Parmesan

1 tsp dried parsley

12 no-boil lasagna noodles (I prefer Barilla)

10 oz shredded mozzarella cheese

Whisk together tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, sugar, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic powder, and balsamic vinegar in bowl.  Brown meat, drain grease, and stir into sauce.  In another bowl, mix cottage cheese, Parmesan, parsley, and pinch of salt and pepper.  

Spray inside of 4-5 qt slow cooker with Pam.  Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce on bottom of crock.  Lay double-layer of noodles on top of sauce (break to make fit).  Spread 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture on top of noodles.  Spoon on 1/3 of remaining sauce, then

1/3 of mozzarella.  Repeat layering noodles, cottage cheese, sauce, and mozzarella 2 more times.

Drizzle 1/4 cup water around pot near outer edge of noodles.

Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 hours.  Remove crock from heating element and let sit for 20 minutes before serving.    

Esteemed Contributor

I found a recipe years ago from weight watchers for crock pot lasagna. It’s the only way I made it for years. Now you made me hungry for it and I gotta search for the recipe. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Not lasagna but I do make Crockpot "baked" ziti from America's Test Kitchen.

Esteemed Contributor

thanks for the recipe. I've made this using  fancy  Italian individual  noodles that I bought at Home Goods.  It was a little easier to scoop out because  it did not have the  big lasagna noodles . I'm going to give your recipe a try.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter.  Thanks for posting this.  A request for a yummy recipe was going to be my next post.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've done it before and it was good, but it's a lot of food for just the 2 of us.