Honored Contributor

Has anyone had their Cuisinart Custom 14 Cup Food Processor break?

[ Edited ]

50FB7785-92A6-4B09-9E79-A7894105B669.jpegHas anyone had their Cuisinart Custom 14 Cup Food Processor break? If you have this unit have you had the center off-white plastic part crack? Some reviewers were posting pictures of theirs with cracks. 
This is a picture from one of the reviewers. I'm looking into processors right now. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone had their Cuisinart Custom 14 Cup Food Processor break?

[ Edited ]

My Cuisinart food processor was a gift from my parents in the early 80's.  It is still going strong.  No broken parts on mine.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

My Cuisinart food processor was a gift from my parents in the early 80's.  It is still going strong.  No broken parts on mine.

@4kitties @Thanks for answering. It seems this crack is only showing up in newer models. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D 

Well that is just sad that the newer ones are not the workhorses that my old one is.  I looked at mine and it is a DLC-8 Plus, Made in Japan.  I will be sure to never replace it!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I have this food processor, but don't use it that much anymore. I seem to remember Cuisinart recalling that part a couple of years ago and sending free replacements to owners. 

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

I have this food processor, but don't use it that much anymore. I seem to remember Cuisinart recalling that part a couple of years ago and sending free replacements to owners. 

@Eileen in Virginia @They only recalled the blades. Thank you for responding.