Honored Contributor

Has anyone been using Marlene Koch's cookbooks.

I did a recipe today, and am very frustrated with it. I will have to see how it tastes. I may give it one other try on another recipe.

Has anyone had luck with her recipes? I have 4 books, this was a first try. Guess I'll do the "if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again." Oh me!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone been using Marlene Koch's cookbooks.

I have two of them.  The first one that I got, I really like. There's a delicious cake recipe that I've made​ several times and always gets alot of compliments. The second one, not so much.  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

qualitygal--I have her Love What You Eat-- maybe the first book she had and I make 1 recipe from it that is really good. It's pn page 232 an called Corkscrew chick and broccoli alfredo. I have made it dozens of times for my family as well as when I cooking for my brother and his wife--they LOVED it. The alfredo sauce is a very good dupe for the full fat version.I do need to watch carbs and sugar now. I don't know why I haven't cooked from it more but it's out now so will look thru it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two of her "Eat What You Want" cookbooks. I think they are books 2 & 3.  I like them but haven't used them in awhile. I like her chinese food recipes. My husband tends to like the same dozen foods most of the time but I like variety. My friend uses them often because her husband has health issues and her books give you information to make foods for his conditions.  

Respected Contributor

I bought 2 books but was taken back by all the substitutes. I do not usually stock egg substitute, sugar substitute or any . Haven't made any recipe.
Esteemed Contributor

I believe I have all of her books now, I have made a couple of the recipes with great success, but it has been awhile since I have tried any new, I just received her last two through Thrift Books but have not had a chance to look through them yet!

Starting a new eating plan in the next couple of weeks and will be using her cookbooks more often in the planning of our menu's, I do have to say my husband is never thrilled when I incorporate lower fat versions of any recipe, but he enjoyed her's!

Respected Contributor

@traveler wrote:
I bought 2 books but was taken back by all the substitutes. I do not usually stock egg substitute, sugar substitute or any . Haven't made any recipe.

@traveler  Her books are suppose to be lower calorie books.  You can use real eggs and real sugar if you want to.

Super Contributor

I have 2 of her books as well. I really like Eat More of what you love. The second is Eat More ...fast. I use them both . I especially like the breakfast muffins. I've had a couple of misses, must most come out great.