Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone actually SEEN any new kitchen appliance colors/finishes?

I love Kitchenaids' black stainless. It's probably too modern for your taste but I found the color/finish intriguing.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

IMG_2623.JPG

Yikes!

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

I looked up that Kitchenaid Black Stainless, and I love(d) it - until I saw the fridge was almost $10,000! Yikeroos haha...

Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

GE has a fairly new appliance color out called "Slate".  I've seen it - it's a matte brown (looks like pictures I've seen on their website).

We just replaced our kitchen appliances with "bisque".  I felt I had to hurry and get them in because I wasn't sure if that color was sticking around.

The tile is nifty!  Our house was built in '89 and we still have the original floors, cabinets, and counters (wallpaper and border, too).  It's not "vintage" but I like it.  It is certainly "different"!

I looked at "Big Chill" appliances, for the retro design and endless color choices.   I am sure they are pretty but I thought they were pretty expensive for what amount to standard appliances that are "refaced", albeit in a quality way.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

IMG_2623.JPG

This is really pretty!

But it doesn't say 1950's to me at all. Is it possible that the previous owners updated the kitchen in the 1970's? This looks much more like that era to my recollections. 

If you are not going to do a remodel and like what you have, why not just get almond appliances again? I can understand looking for a color to make those tiles pop, as they are really pretty. 

Can you post more pictures of what you have in cabinets, floor, counter, etc?

Trusted Contributor

@DiamondGirly  There are various price points for refrigerators in the black stainless finish -- the $10K you mentioned is THE top of the line. There are models under $4K. Also, local retailers may price differently. I know that my local family-owned appliance store will offer better prices than what is quoted on the KA site.

It is pretty, though, isn't it????

Respected Contributor

@violann, the tile is gorgeous! I need to look at the picture with my higher resolution iPad-but I see that red and butternut yellow that I saw yesterday: those must have been "stock" pigments back then.

You have options-and there is nothing to say that red wouldn't work: I think it would look fantastic! Modern appliances in red may be a little less expensive than you think and here's why-or at least I think....

I am seeing modern organic feeling kitchens in dark grays and black trim with red appliances. I think there's a trend there....but I bet they are still pricey.

I think any colored appliances outside of the regular stock in middle class stores may be impossible. I don't think standard brands are going to work either-although I could be wrong.

Refacing appliances is a possibility-just what I was talking about yesterday.

Have you tried paging@homedecor?

Poodlepet2

Valued Contributor

that tile looks like a 1980s CorningWare pattern.

Valued Contributor

Maybe appliances in   bisque/beige would work?   The only place I know of selling those colors in appliances is Sears Kenmore appliances.

Valued Contributor

actually, I think white appliances would look great with the tile.  I'm looking at the white grout lines and I think the white appliances would set off the tile nicely.  But, I love white appliances in the kitchen so maybe that's why