Valued Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Used A Meal Delivery Service?

I haven't tried it, however, I have friends who tried Blue Apron and was very happy with the offerings and delivery. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

DH signed up for a trial subscription for Freshley a couple of months ago. The problem for me was that he ordered 6 meals that were delivered in a large box that I could barely lift. He is on oxygen, so he can't help me. I lugged it in the front door and had to unload it from my entry - seriously - I couldn't carry it into the kitchen. There were 3 or 4 thick sheets of ice in the box, wrapped in plastic - each about 12"x14" to keep the meals cold. Way too heavy for me!

The food wasn't too bad, but I told DH thanks, but no thanks. I won't be dealing with those heavy boxes again!

Honored Contributor

I used Blue Apron in the past and loved it.  I didn't do it every week...usually twice a month and that was for three meals for two people.  Did it for a year and enjoyed trying new foods, seasonings, and cooking methods.  

I cooked for two people then.   I just cook for myself now, but decided to subscribe again and perhaps just get one delivery a month.  I'll have leftovers, but I usually do when I buy food from the market, too.