Honored Contributor

Has Anyone Ever Seen a Sign Where the Host doesn't like a product being sold?

So, it always seems like I'm sitting in front of my TV watching QVC while food is being sold (often by Sharon).

It seems like she's the main person these days doing these food sales.

My question is has anyone ever seen a sign where when the host bites into something it's somewhat obvious they really don't like what they just bit into?

I'm curious because even though I'm a chub I am very particular about what I eat.  I could have (and usually do) tons of food in the house, but if it isn't something I want or like, I just won't eat it.

Anyone ever notice this over the years?  They couldn't possibly like/love everything here.  I know they get paid to say it, but sometimes (especially when it comes to food) it's hard to hide it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Ever Seen a Sign Where the Host doesn't like a product being sold?

Who's the guy on the 5-6:00pm show eating food with Sharon?  Is he a new host?  Anyone know?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Ever Seen a Sign Where the Host doesn't like a product being sold?

I think I have seen David V. do the "yes" head shake and then start describing the texture and different flavors he tastes. To me that doesn't sound like he can say anything really good about the product.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom Yes!  That makes sense that he'd do that.  I think with David you can tell when he really, really likes something.  He couldn't possibly love some of these foods, I would think.

I know they get paid to say all of that but I don't watch every food show because they're boring......

Thanks for the comment, it made sense to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Long time ago the QVC Local (I think that is what it was called) came to town.. and we had an average size audience. The host (forgot his name and no longer with the Q) was asked that question.  WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU REALLY DON'T LIKE THE PRODUCT....

His answer-  SOMEONE LIKES THE PRODUCT... someone will like the product even if I don't and it is my job to make an introduction, explain what is being offered and let the person make up their own mind if it is for them.  I thought this was a superb answer and as a school teacher I could see his point.    (Wish I could remember his name.. Wore glasses, was on daytime soaps before the Q, African American.... one of my favorites)

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Who's the guy on the 5-6:00pm show eating food with Sharon?  Is he a new host?  Anyone know?

I think I heard he was from QVC Germany.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu  Sounds like Dave King

Esteemed Contributor

YES, I don't watch live QVC anymore so I imagine he is long gone.  I did enjoy him when I did watch and miss him.  Wonder what he is doing.  My favorite along with Kathy Levine. 

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Long time ago the QVC Local (I think that is what it was called) came to town.. and we had an average size audience. The host (forgot his name and no longer with the Q) was asked that question.  WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU REALLY DON'T LIKE THE PRODUCT....

His answer-  SOMEONE LIKES THE PRODUCT... someone will like the product even if I don't and it is my job to make an introduction, explain what is being offered and let the person make up their own mind if it is for them.  I thought this was a superb answer and as a school teacher I could see his point.    (Wish I could remember his name.. Wore glasses, was on daytime soaps before the Q, African American.... one of my favorites)

Dave King? Really liked him as a host.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

A new QVC Host from QVC Germany.  His name is Vulgar.  Easy on the eyes isn't he?   Smiley Happy

Spoiler
Smiley Happy