Honored Contributor

Has Anyone Ever Been to Jungle Jim's International Market?

We're taking a short trip soon and I just discovered we'll be very close to one of the two locations for Jungle Jim's International Market.  Since hearing about it several years ago, it's kinda been in the back of my mind that I might like to see it sometime.  It looks like this might be my opportunity.  If you've been there, is it spectacular and worth seeing or is it just an oversized supermarket?

Valued Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been to Jungle Jim's International Market?

I live roughly 100 miles from there and love it.  This store has almost anything you can ask for and then some.  Lots of food items from all over the world.  Fresh cheeses, breads, meats (some of them you might not want to see).  Canned goods you name it..all under one roof.

It's a huge place and you can do a lot of walking.  If you go let us know how you like it.

We ususally go to the Fairfield location but I hear there is one in Cincinnati now.

Respected Contributor

is that the huge store that has an airplane hanging in it?.. My sweetie just raved about that place when he was there for business..Loves to show his photos of it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker wrote:

is that the huge store that has an airplane hanging in it?.. My sweetie just raved about that place when he was there for business..Loves to show his photos of it!

@Mothertrucker - All kinds of stuff in there - a sightseeing boat, a naval vehicle, a fire engine, the plane, assorted characters and designs worked into the displays, a theater where you can learn about the market and how it came to be, etc.  

Respected Contributor

I love to go to Jungle Jim's. A different area for different countries. So fun to see things that you have heard of or never heard of. A aisle of nothing but olive oils! Cheeses, meats, produces...so fun. And in the German section you can find the "famous" German Nivea that people claim is so much better than the more common Mexican Nivea.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jungle Jim's..we live pretty close to both of them.not sure which is larger as they are huge..it is an over-sized supermarket, but thousands of things you will never see anywhere else..lots of folks do their everyday shopping there as they have great weekly specials. It sure is the place to go for specialty cheeses, meats, huge bakery (with Grandma's coffee cakes), beer & liquor depts.

My husband loves their candy dept..you won't believe all the candy. So, hope you have a fun trip..the owner is a guy that started out with a little fruit & produce stand.

forgot to mention, the bathrooms in Fairfield have received awards..a must-see😊

Honored Contributor

It's fun reading responses.  We'll be near the Eastgate location (Cincy).  I'm excited now!

Honored Contributor

I've never heard of it before so I googled Jungle Jim's.  Is it a market or an amusement park?  It seems that the closest one to me is in Delaware and it's a big water park unless that's not affiliated with the market.

I would love the check out the market...it sounds like fun!

Respected Contributor

I love Jungle Jim's. My company relocated from the suburbs of Cincinnati to Columbus and I miss Jungle Jim's as much as I miss the Reds.
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I've never heard of it before so I googled Jungle Jim's.  Is it a market or an amusement park?  It seems that the closest one to me is in Delaware and it's a big water park unless that's not affiliated with the market.

I would love the check out the market...it sounds like fun!

@haddon9  there are only two locations, that I'm aware of, both in Ohio.  

Jungle Jim's International Market