Frequent Contributor

Has Anyone Else Purchased Oval Baker w/Deep Lid It?

I received mine today in Old World Falfetti and it is really pretty. I was surprised how substantial it is. Also received the convertible lazy Susan server in Falfetti. It is also very nice and larger than I expected. I was wondering why these pieces are so much better than others I have ordered in the past. Do you think the quality control issues have been ironed out? These two pieces are thick like the pie plates and the paint job is excellent. It is wonderful to open packages and everything is in pristine condition. Maybe I need to go buy a lottery ticket!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Else Purchased Oval Baker w/Deep Lid It?

I have noticed for many years that some pieces or sets of TT are really thick, heavy, well painted and glazed, while others are thin, feel kind of hollow, have poor painting and poor glazing. I would venture a guess that maybe different sets/pieces are made in different factories or by different suppliers, and therefore there is a quality difference.

I'm so glad your pieces are that good. I haven't heard anything bad about the oval baker yet. It must be a really good run! Hey! Cut me in for half of the price (and winnings!!) of that lottery ticket, ok?!!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Else Purchased Oval Baker w/Deep Lid It?

Every pie plate I have is heavy and thick. The cookie sheets seem so fragile though. So far no breaks or cracks and I use my pieces daily. Let's hope all future pieces come from the good supplier!