Trusted Contributor

Re: Harry London Chocolate has disappeared from the QVC site

I would think that Harry London has multiple buildings where the candy is stored. They have already made the supply that is going out in December. So, it could be that QVC will not be impacted by this. Auto deliveries commonly get cancelled across the scope of products the Q offers. Bothersome, but a fact. Calm down and don''t look for things to worry about. Perhaps all is well. But sad about the fire.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/29/2014 CrazyDaisy said: Not sure about QVC inventory, but their storage warehouse in Cleveland had a huge fire. Not sure how much if any of the chocolate survived. May be hard to find this holiday season.

This is such bad news. For any company it would be bad news. I hope they will be able to work well with their insurance carrier and look forward to a re-build as weather allows. Really sad.

Super Contributor

Just posted this on the other thread:

This is so strange. I received an e-mail from QVC about 2 hours ago saying my HL chocolate tin had been cancelled with no explanation. I called Customer Service and the rep I spoke with, Dianne, told me to disregard the e-mail as it was an error. Now I don't know what to think. In my order status for my delivery the week of Dec. 8, it shows in the process of shipping. When I called CS at QVC, I had no idea about this fire so am unsure whether I will receive my chocolates or not. We make up small bags to give out along with our homemade cookie and fudge trays and all of our friends love these chocolates. I'm just happy no one was injured in the fire.

Will have to wait and see if the order arrives or not.

Vicki

Esteemed Contributor

Sad they had a fire, but these candies we returned.

New Contributor

I ordered the 6 lb. tin for immediate delivery. The order date was Nov. 22 so they had plenty of time to ship it before the fire. I called a few days ago and the rep said to just wait.. it will be shipped (no mention of the fire). I called a couple days after that and I asked the rep to find out what is going on. I called yesterday and the rep finally told me about the fire. My EDD was today and of course who knows when and if I will get it. QVC is not handling this very well. We should have been notified about the fire and delay, so we can find another gift for the recipient. This is an annoyance and QVC should have handled it in an upfront manner.

EDIT: The box was sitting at my door this morning ... delivered last evening! The order status on QVC still shows In Process. Hope everyone else gets theirs as well.

Frequent Contributor

I agree that QVC has not handled this well. I found out what happened from a poster on this forum, not from a rep. I wanted to reorder and the way QVC handled it was to just poof the product from their website. Weird and unprofessional. I hope Harry London gets their production up and running soon. Iam sure this is devastating to their company economically, especially this time of year when so many people order gifts.
Valued Contributor

The Harry London name is now owned by the 1-800-FLOWERS group. The descendants of HL have Waggoner Chocolates. ShopHQ has some selections. Also, check the Waggoner site to see if they have products that will work for your traditions.

Contributor

Sorry to hear about the fire. I was at Macy's lady week and they had nice 2.5 lb boxes of harry London chocolate on sale for $19.99. I bought 2 and the lady at the register had a coupon so I got the 2 boxes for like $36 or something. They had a few different boxes also, plus harry and David items.