Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

when I was young we used to have a candy store downtown , when there were downtowns!  Snyways it was called Fanny Farmer I wonder if that is the same as fanny Mae?  Also when I worked at a hallmark store years ago there candy was  made by fanny farmer also.

They were different candy companies, but both really good, in my opinion.

Fannie May originated in Chicago, and bought out Fanny Farmer.

Fannie May filed for bankruptcy and was bought a few times, and is still based in Chicago.

Here is a Wiki link that explains what happened to them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fannie_May

Respected Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Have any of you ever purchased "Giannios Chocolates"?  They are an "American Family owned Chocolate Company" and have been in business since 1910.  I first found them on HSN...Let me tell you they are "Fantastic"! 269 FIVE STAR Rating...That in itself says alot.  Seriously, you will not be disappointed  with this candy company.  They have their own website Giannios.com  and the big tins 5 lbs of chocolates are indivudally wrapped with the name of the candy on the wrapper.  I have gifted these so many times and have always received rave reviews and very well appreciated 'Thank You's".

I live near the Giannos candy company.  They are in Youngstown, Ohio and I live in a suburb of Y-town...a transplanted New Yorker.  Their chocolate is superb.  When my dear mother was alive, she couldn't eat anything that was chewy or had nuts so I would pick the cream filled chocolates out of their vast array of baskets.  Each basket is labled with the type of confection, eg. vanilla cream, maple cream, etc.. Everything is freshly made; to that I can attest. We have many good chocolatiers in our area but G is, in my opinion, the best.
One of the best things we locals love about them is that they open very early on Easter morning and all the candy is 1/2 price.  The line goes on for blocks.   Cat HappyCat Happy                                 docsgirl

@docsgirl...I live north of Pittsburgh , close to the Ohio line. I buy this candy at Giant Eagle for 4.59 a lb. They have the bulk boxes and you pick what you want. I love the chocolate marshmallows!