Honored Contributor

Oh!  For all things that are goodies...River Street Sweets.  A family business, made by hand and often a free box of pecan pralines!

Esteemed Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Have any of you ever purchased "Giannios Chocolates"?  They are an "American Family owned Chocolate Company" and have been in business since 1910.  I first found them on HSN..  I have gifted these so many times and have always received rave reviews and very well appreciated 'Thank You's".

---------------------------------

I switched to Giannos three years ago.  Love the marshmallow covered with dark chocolate!  Gifted many and everyone loves them!!

Valued Contributor

Last October 19th (2014) I ordered and received the five 1 lb. Harry London Nutcracker tins, and the total was $57.18 - "out the door"- ha! There was a choice of Nutcracker tins or Cottage tins. The tins are very well made and beautiful - not like some you get popcorn in and get dented easily.  We were very happy with the quality of the candy, for the price, including the tins! It included 5 lbs of candy!  Right now, the Nutcracker Tins are 3 for $44.12.....

We have See's Candy where we live, and there is NO CANDY that I have had that can beat it!  I've only tried Godiva a piece at a time, but it is more expensive than See's.... It depends on what we're ordering it for, I guess...

Super Contributor
See's candy is delicious! I used to but it when I lived in WV. Even bought it for gifts. They only have Fannie May candy FannFannyieclose
"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Super Contributor
Sorry. Typing on my phone is awful. It keeps changing words and sent reply before I was done. Wanted to say that Fannie May candy is the one closest to where I live now.
"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Valued Contributor

MominOhio, I agree with you about HL chocolates. Waggoner chocolates is so close to where I live, that I can probably throw a stone and hit the store, LOL. (I live in North Canton)

Would you be willing to share the buckeye recipe with me, or others here? I am intriqued with your mention of the secret of the chocolate. I am so intruqued, that I would be willing to post my personal email here, just until you get it, then delete it. Will check back here Wednesday evening. 

Honored Contributor

@DiamondGirly wrote:

Last October 19th (2014) I ordered and received the five 1 lb. Harry London Nutcracker tins, and the total was $57.18 - "out the door"- ha! There was a choice of Nutcracker tins or Cottage tins. The tins are very well made and beautiful - not like some you get popcorn in and get dented easily.  We were very happy with the quality of the candy, for the price, including the tins! It included 5 lbs of candy!  Right now, the Nutcracker Tins are 3 for $44.12.....

We have See's Candy where we live, and there is NO CANDY that I have had that can beat it!  I've only tried Godiva a piece at a time, but it is more expensive than See's.... It depends on what we're ordering it for, I guess...

I agree about Sees.  It wouldn't be Christmas if I wasn't given a pound of See's rum nougats.  I also love the milk chocolate with strawberry cream center.

Super Contributor
Which candy is better? Waggoner's or Harry London?
Respected Contributor

@Constance2 wrote:

I don't know, but you guys are sure making me hungry!

Honored Contributor

@Constance2 wrote:

I've never heard of Waggoner's, but remember when Harry's used to be on HSN, the vendor's last name was Waggonner. 

She's a show host on Evine now.  Can't think of her first name. 

I do remember she alluded to the fact she was *family* to the HL line of candies.  So she must be family to the Waggoner line too!