Honored Contributor

Hard Boiled Eggs in the Ninja

I bought the MarkCharles Misili egg cooker thing last year, and I really do like that little gadget, but it's a little impractical if you want to make a bunch of hard boiled eggs.  I follow group on Facebook that posts recipes on cooking with the Ninja 3-in-1 and 4-in-1.  Let me tell you, I made 18 eggs in my Ninja today and they came out perfectly!  OI guess you might say they're steamed and not really hard boiled since they don't really get covered with water.  Whatever you want to call it, not one of them cracked and the yolk was cooked just right without the grey-green coating. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Hard Boiled Eggs in the Ninja

You can also cook them in the oven.  Place an egg in each of the cups of a muffin tin & bake at 325 for about 30 minutes.  I saw this on a cable tv show, The Kitchen.  I never have a use for a lot of hard-cooked eggs, so I've never tried it, but it seemed OK when they showed it on tv.

Honored Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

You can also cook them in the oven.  Place an egg in each of the cups of a muffin tin & bake at 325 for about 30 minutes.  I saw this on a cable tv show, The Kitchen.  I never have a use for a lot of hard-cooked eggs, so I've never tried it, but it seemed OK when they showed it on tv.

I've tried them in the oven and didn't like them at all.  Some of the eggs exploded and the shells on the OK ones were kind of burnt.  To me, they didn't tasted like a good boiled egg either - sort of dry.  

Valued Contributor

Would like it if you would share the directions.  I, too, love my little egg cooker, but this idea would be nice for larger amounts of eggs.  

Honored Contributor

@StlrFan wrote:

Would like it if you would share the directions.  I, too, love my little egg cooker, but this idea would be nice for larger amounts of eggs.  

Very simple StirFan

Put 3 cups of water in the Ninja.  Lay the Ninja mesh basket inside the pan.  Load your eggs on the basket (I made 18 at once, which would probably be the max.).  Turn on a kitchen timer for 25 minutes.  Set the Ninja to STOVETOP HIGH.  Put on the lid.  When the kitchen timer goes off, turn off the Ninja and transfer the eggs to ice water for several minutes.  (15 is good, but I got distracted and left mine in there a little longer and it didn't hurt).  When you're ready to peel, tap the egg all around and they should peel clean.  Not one egg was even cracked, doing it this way.

I did not pierce the shell on this batch, but I might try that next time to see if it makes a difference for even easier peeling.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing.  As for peeling....recently learned (2) new ways....crack the egg, then use a spoon to remove the shell.  Second was putting in a bowl with some water, put a sealed lid on and shake them.  Shells just peeled off for me.  Did 3-4 at a time.  Of course, these methods were used after having been placed in ice water after cooking.  Both methods worked well for me and a lot easier than peeling by hand or picking at stubborn shells.

Honored Contributor

@StlrFan wrote:

Thank you for sharing.  As for peeling....recently learned (2) new ways....crack the egg, then use a spoon to remove the shell.  Second was putting in a bowl with some water, put a sealed lid on and shake them.  Shells just peeled off for me.  Did 3-4 at a time.  Of course, these methods were used after having been placed in ice water after cooking.  Both methods worked well for me and a lot easier than peeling by hand or picking at stubborn shells.

Thanks for those tips.  I like the shaking idea, I'm going to try it.

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@StlrFan wrote:

Very simple StirFan

Put 3 cups of water in the Ninja.  Lay the Ninja mesh basket inside the pan.  Load your eggs on the basket (I made 18 at once, which would probably be the max.).  Turn on a kitchen timer for 25 minutes.  Set the Ninja to STOVETOP HIGH.  Put on the lid.  When the kitchen timer goes off, turn off the Ninja and transfer the eggs to ice water for several minutes.  (15 is good, but I got distracted and left mine in there a little longer and it didn't hurt).  When you're ready to peel, tap the egg all around and they should peel clean.  Not one egg was even cracked, doing it this way.

I did not pierce the shell on this batch, but I might try that next time to see if it makes a difference for even easier peeling.

Thanks for posting this JeanLouise.  I did this in my Ninja cooker and they came out great!