Honored Contributor

Re: 🍕Happy National PIZZA day! 🍕

PIzza always sounds good to me!

I never just had one fav.  I like the meats and cheese.  Mushrooms are good, too, but although I do like onions and bell peppers I don't like them on pizza.  That is probably mostly because it makes the pizza smell like body odor.

One fav I have from a place is Papa Murphy's.  They have this one on a thin crust (I like a variety of crust types) that is chicken, spinach, artichoke hearts, parm, with a parm sauce.   You buy it and take it home.  Bake it for 14 minutes.  Just smelling it during that time makes me salivate.

One frozen one I've gotten lately is DiGiorno's either the rising crust or the mozzarella filled crust, in the 3-meats variety.   I add a little more mozzarella, then some more pepperoni, and then more mozzarella on top.  Makes it really nice and it feeds me for 3 or 4 days.  

Another one that I rather like, but is really in a totally different category from 'real pizza' is this cauliflower crust pepperoni pizza from the Lean Cuisine folks (the black box line).   I do the same w/a little more mozz and some pepperoni.   The cauliflower crust is very interesting and different.  It's a bit chewy and it gets crispy on the edges.   For me, it's a fun change and it is tasty.

In the early 70s, when I lived in So. CA, there was a place out in Orange County that I loved.  It was called 'Pepa's' and it was actually half pizza parlor and half fondue place.   They had this linguica and olive pizza that was the best thing EVER!  I'm sure they are long gone but, all these decades later, I still remember them fondly.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Sooner 

OMG! I'm comin' to YOUR house for pizza!!

@KingstonsMom come on over!  We would love to have you.  We'll eat about 7!  

Trusted Contributor

love pizza.. thin crust.. and love white pizza.. but they do make some real good ones in the frozen section of the grocery store.. which i need to buy next time i go... i can eat pizza anytime of the day. and its good cold! and i never tried it yet... but i heard the  cauliflower crust pizza is real good.. i need to try that!

Respected Contributor

Pizza is my absolute favorite!  I like it just plain or with pepperoni.  Didn't know there was a National Pizza Day, so thank you.  

Super Contributor

ScrapHappy pizza is my favorite food too!

Pepperoni is my favorite topping (if I had to chose 1)

I'm hungry now!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley FrustratedSmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@MOMMAVik - Thanks for telling us this! I changed my menu and we're having pizza tonight!

MY favorite toppings are pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, and sweet peppers. But I usually have to compromise. So tonight we're getting chicken-bacon-ranch!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!  Great to hear these fabulous pizza stories.  I wish we all could get together for a pizza party! Here's hoping that this is how our special holiday ends tonight!

FB_IMG_1612891349497.jpg

Honored Contributor

I live in an area where pizza places are numerous and all over/  I favor three places, two from the city I was born and raised in and one in my current town.  I prefer plain or veggie pizza but am fussy as to the crust  and blend of cheese and sauce.  When you have the best  you compare and so far the three places I mentioned stand out for me.

Respected Contributor

Pizza - my style:

Thin crust, well done

Light on the cheese

Not too much sauce either, or it's a soggy mess.

Cut in larger triangles so I can load fresh arugula, and long hots on top - then fold and enjoy!

Yummmmmmmmmm.

Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Oh great - in the middle of snowstorm and now I'm wishing I had a hot, delicious pizza.

Ham and mushroom or pepperoni.  Or pretty much anything except really exotic things.  I like my pizza down-to-earth.

Worst pizza I ever had was in Nashville; shared it with a friend during a meal with a group attending a concert later.  I kept trying to tell her it didn't mention tomato sauce on the menu, but she was adamant that all pizza has a tomato sauce base.  NOT!

It was, what we found out, was called a white pizza; dry, tasteless, straight from the freezer.  We left it and the waitress (who was way "out there") asked others in the room, if they wanted it!  We should've gone to McDs, like I'd said.

I love white pizza.  I make it by spreading olive oil and minced garlic on the crust, then top it with mozzarella and ricotta cheese and spinach.  When I order it out it often comes with diced tomatoes or broccoli. Yum!