Honored Contributor

Hand mixers must be the going thing

this yr. Bed & bath had one brand that was all. Thought I'd come home and order thru EverythingKitchens they would have more variety. All they got is reburbished Kitchen Aids !   Walmart nothing, williams sonoma nothing,  Bed and bath had no Hamilton Beach mixers at all.

Ended up at HSN they're better on shipping then QVC, so, I tried to get a code to work on the order, none would, so , gave up and paid full price , now, they will send me a 20% code as sure as it will snow in Maine.

Only 14 left there. Wanted the one with the soft edge beaters, has digital read out, white, afraid while I was messing around they would go, so, went ahead and got it.  Everybody this yr must be getting a hand mixer. LOL

1#acane.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hand mixers must be the going thing

Changes in trade policy has made everything much more expensive and difficult to find.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE   You aroused my curiousity.  Macy's has the Hamilton Beach 7 speed Pro hand mixer with Softscrape for $59.99 instead of $74.99 and free shipping for a $25.00 order.  Color was a silver.

Comes with whisk, dough hook, and snap on storage case and a lockable left or right cord.  And offering Macy's money if you are a member.

Looks like Target, Amazon, and Kohls carry some, too, but not sure if all have the beater you specify.  Didn't pursue since you have already ordered.

The one reviewer at Macy's was unhappy with a smell from the coating on the scraper beater.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

God ! that's so weird ! I got a 50 gift card from Macy's and was just gazing around at the kitchen stuff, Miss Elaine gowns, etc. I saw that too. Think it's the one I ordered except mine is white.

Thought she was kind of loony. LOL

Ended up paying 65 for mine from  HSN

Honored Contributor

I can see that.  I don't think younger people are doing a lot of scratch baking.

Honored Contributor

Nah, they're not gonna cook. Won't say any more because I always get this backlash of "my daughter, grandkids blah, blah" not convinced.

Different world out there now

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Nah, they're not gonna cook. Won't say any more because I always get this backlash of "my daughter, grandkids blah, blah" not convinced.

Different world out there now

@SharkE  You're right. No young ones cook these days. It's all take out. No matter what people say it is just not true.

Super Contributor

I hope QVC has a KitchenAid hand mixer TSV after the first of the year.  HSN had one awhile back, but I missed it.  It would be for me, so I'm not in a hurry to buy it before Christmas.

Honored Contributor

well, my two daughters LOVE baking AND love takeout AND love homemade foods......and they are in their 20s.

my one daughter was married this year and she received a kitchenaid stand mixer and a kitchenaid hand held mixer. it is not just sitting in her closet either.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein