Respected Contributor

Hammer Stahl stainless cookware made in Tennessee

[ Edited ]

Just read a newspaper item about this 7-ply cookware made of steel from Pennsylvania and manufactured in Tennessee. The writer has given it rave reviews and recommends it for gift-giving.  Available at our local Cook's Warehouse store and probably from the company website.

Kinda pricey..........but looks beautiful and  reportedly all pieces are on sale until Dec. 31.  Tester said it  "cooks like a dream", "perfect for nonstick cooking",  has stay-cool handles and can be put in the dishwasher.  

Never heard of the Hammer Stahl brand before, but it looks like good competition for All-Clad.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Hammer Stahl stainless cookware made in Tennessee

@novamc1 I read a couple of articles for this cookwear and I agree it certainly sounds like it would give All Clad a run for their money and maybe then some.  The one article I read said HS upgraded their SS to the highest level of quality at no cost to their customers.  Since it is sourced and manufactured all in the USA, if I was in the market for pots/pans I would definitely give them a look (they are also available on Amazon in addition to their own website).

Thanks for the heads up, interesting stuff!

Contributor

I was going to post about that cookware. It is just as beautiful and cooks as well as all clad. I have many pieces of both d5 & 3 ply & love them bit this cookware cooks as well. QVC sells it I checked out what they have a and I bought the 2.5 quart and the 16 qt.
If I can figure out how to put a picture that I took I'll post it.
Honored Contributor

I went to the company's site and looked at their "Our Story" page. It gives the history. I was fascinated to see that it began with a brand named Vollrath. Remember the advent of waterless stainless steel cookware? Volrath was one of the companies, along with several others. It is still kicking, selling to industries I believe, but has nor relationship now with Hammer Stahl.

My dad and uncle sold Lo-Heet stainless steel back in the 50s and 60s. My uncle owned the company. I still have my set but don't use it now. SS cookware has come a long way since then.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

My in laws sold waterless cookware in the late 60's and early 70's ,not this brand they held parties ,and people would buy funny i still remember the menu they served.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Wow @mekhya it never dawned on me that QVC would have this cookware, nice selection!

Contributor

@momtochloe I was just browsing Q's website & came across that cookware. After researching it & because like all clad which I love it is made in the USA I bought those two sizes that I don't have in all clad. Yes waterless cookware the kind I know about that was only sold by independent reps was lifetime.I have my mom's lifetome cookware set including tne big roaster & electric skillet that she got when my dad & her married back in 1974. She gave it to me because she was downsizing & does't cook alot. Then when my grandma died i got her set of lifetime cookware that she got when her & grandpa got married. I even have the book that talks about all the pieces in the set & about waterless cooking, that it is 5 ply cookware & recipes featuring different pieces.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

My in laws sold waterless cookware in the late 60's and early 70's ,not this brand they held parties ,and people would buy funny i still remember the menu they served.

@goldensrbest, I still remember our going with my dad on some of his sales parties; we would wait in the car.

As an aside, I read on the Hammer Stahl site that if you season their pans according to their directions, they will be virtually nonstick -- unless you wash them with soapy water, in which case you need to re-season. They recommend washing just with a water.

Um, no. I can't imagine not giving them a good cleaning with soap and even sometimes with Bar Keeper's Friend.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

LOL, that stuff was great.  I gave mine to my friend for her camper.  She still uses it today.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*