Honored Contributor

Hamilton Beach 2-Way Flex Brew or Ninja Dual Brew- Feedback, Please.

[ Edited ]

Yay or Nay?  I'd like your feedback, please. 

I think I'm giving up on Keurig.  The past two years have been awful with my Keurig Supreme - four replacements and I'm told my replacements have maxed out.  Right now my current one is working, but I feel it's only a matter of time before something happens, based on history.  I want to get another coffeemaker to have on hand for when the time comes.  I'm looking at the HB with the 2-way brewing.  If it's a decent machine, I'll be watching for a BF sale. 

Thanks in advance. ☕️ 

11/5 eta - just spotted a Ninja Dual Brew that looks good too.  Would appreciate feedback on it as well.  Thanks 

Respected Contributor

Re: Hamilton Beach 2-Way Flex Brew - Feedback, Please.

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch   I have one but am not an not an everyday coffee drinker.  I drink tea daily. I pull it out when I have company.

I've had it for around ten years and bought it during a Mother's Day sale for about $75.

It is well made and I like the option of making a carafe of coffee or the single serve pods.

My real preference when making coffee is to use a French Press but you can't beat the Hamilton Beach for convenience and price and it is well constructed by today's standards--plastic housing, glass carafe, minimal metal.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

I just bought one of these because I'm trying to get away from Keurig waste.  I do have pods left, but the first time I tried to use one, I couldn't get the stupid lid to lock and ended up with grounds and coffee everywhere.  It does come with a single serve basket though so that if you want to brew one cup, you can.

I've actually enjoyed just having a pot of coffee--it does have a "keep warm" function for the pot that shuts off after 2 hours.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I have a friend in a similar situation he's on his 2nd Keurig replacement with only 50% off not a free replacement. He's frustrated because the original Keurig lasted less than a year & he's not a daily coffee drinker.

I have a Hamilton Beach flex brew only the individual cup size is for your own grounds not a pod. Love it, have had it maybe 5 years. It is not used daily as I brew 2 concentrated pots of coffee once a week or 10 days and store in fridge in a locknlock pitcher.

I have early morning estate sales & don't have time to brew daily so I add water to the concentrate & zap in microwave.  Less wear & tear on the coffee pot too.

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE IT!

I, too, gave up on the overpriced Keurigs.  Spent $$$$ on Keurig and never got my money's worth with that product no matter which one I tried.

This spring got me a HB Flex-Brew and love it!  Ordered it from Amazonsmile.  Got the white and it was $99, the black was selling for a few dollars more.  It's compact, easy to operate (d/n need instructions, though included) - a great little machine!  Actually, the other day a friend of mine suddenly noticed and said he really liked it - unusual for him to notice things like thatWoman Wink.  (He did ask me why a coffee pot and k-cup together - that should explain his admiring a coffee maker unusualWoman LOL.)

Imho, you'll be very pleased with this purchase.

Honored Contributor

I debated asking for one this Christmas, but my Keurig still works. I'd give it a try if I were you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hamilton Beach 2-Way Flex Brew or Ninja Dual Brew- Feedback, Please.

I'm also considering the Ninja Dual Brew, if anyone has feedback for it too.  Thanks 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hamilton Beach 2-Way Flex Brew or Ninja Dual Brew- Feedback, Please.

Thanks to all who responded.  We ended up getting the Ninja while it was on sale at Costco.  It's a pretty nice machine, compact, and easy to operate.  Coffee tastes especially good too.