Honored Contributor

Re: Halloween candy out in stores already???? Why the Rush!!!

And because for every complainer about their rushing the season, there are thousands who are already stocking up! Companies try selling techniques they hope will work, and once it works they just do it more. I don't remember when the Halloween candy display hit the supermarket I frequent most, but I think right after July 4th candies were sold off.

Maybe the buyers put those personal-sized candies in lunch boxes and buy more when Halloween comes???

Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 millieshops said:

And because for every complainer about their rushing the season, there are thousands who are already stocking up! Companies try selling techniques they hope will work, and once it works they just do it more. I don't remember when the Halloween candy display hit the supermarket I frequent most, but I think right after July 4th candies were sold off.

Maybe the buyers put those personal-sized candies in lunch boxes and buy more when Halloween comes???

I guess so...but school is still 5 weeks away too.

Super Contributor

LOL! C'mon, we just had Christmas in July... technically they are way late on the Halloween candy!!!

Regular Contributor

And people wonder why Christmas shopping now starts on Thanksgiving morning?

Every year it just gets worse.

Honored Contributor

I noticed it last weekend in my local grocery store along with fall décor to sell.

I was a Pat Catan's craft store on Saturday and they don't have any Christmas stuff out yet. They are loaded with fall items though. I'm rather surprised there aren't Christmas items out yet because I would think people who make stuff to sell at craft fairs would need to get going.

Contributor

I saw the Halloweeen candy over the weekend in some stores and thought it was way to early for that. But, school did start today in our area and some places around the state even started last week. Talk about feeling like we didn't even get to have a summer. UGH!

--Jeri

Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 terrier3 said:
On 8/4/2014 millieshops said:

I guess so...but school is still 5 weeks away too.

Not everywhere. My relatives live in TN and school started today. My local schools go back in 2 weeks.

I wouldn't buy it now but candy can be frozen too.

Occasional Contributor

Buy it now, eat it, and they hope you'll buy it again for the trick-or-treaters!

Terrier3: Our kids began school today, August 4th. Things are different in the South.

Super Contributor

Yesterday at the Cracker Barrel restaurant they had all Halloween decorations on display. It made me sick because we hardly had a summer and they are rushing the seasons.

Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 TallGal in GA said:

Buy it now, eat it, and they hope you'll buy it again for the trick-or-treaters!

Terrier3: Our kids began school today, August 4th. Things are different in the South.

Isn't this the hottest, most humid time of the year?

Are your schools air conditioned?