Valued Contributor

Re: Had Unbelievable Salmon Tonight!

@SilleeMee wrote:

Last week a good friend of mine stopped by and handed me a huge fresh-caught native rainbow trout. At first when I looked at it I thought it was a salmon. The meat was so pink I couldn't believe it. It was the best tasting trout I have ever eaten...even better than some salmon I've had. The best part was that it was wild and came from a natural mountain lake. So delicious!

You were so lucky to get that. There's nothing better than fresh-caught fish of any variety. I'm so jealous but it couldn't have been given to a nicer person.

Respected Contributor

Our local grocery sometimes has "fresh never frozen" wild caught Alaskan red sockeye salmon.  I finally decided to try it, best we ever had, better than restaurants.  The color was the reddest I've seen, and it had no fishy odor or taste.  Wonderful!

Honored Contributor

@tansy 

I think she meant sushi grade salmon.  She just spelled it wrong.

Honored Contributor

@author wrote:

Our local grocery sometimes has "fresh never frozen" wild caught Alaskan red sockeye salmon.  I finally decided to try it, best we ever had, better than restaurants.  The color was the reddest I've seen, and it had no fishy odor or taste.  Wonderful!

@author 

There is nothing better than fresh fish.  I think fresh halibut is my favorite with salmon a close second.  Worth every penny of extra cost.  

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne 

Fresh halibut is my favorite too, then fresh salmon!  Delicious. 

We are very fortunate to have a specialty market near us that has these periodically.  Then we have a special dinner! 

Even my cat who won't go near "people" food sits quietly on a stool at the counter and waits while I cook for his bite of fresh salmon to have with us.