Honored Contributor

Anybody tried the new Haagen-Dazs Spirits Ice Cream?  I just tried out the Irish Cream Brownie flavor and wow you can really taste the alcohol in it.  There is actually very little alcohol, the whiskey is one of the last ingredients on the list, but there's no missing there is alcohol in it.  I used to love Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide, but they quit making it.  I don't remember there being a distinctive alcohol flavor in that one.  While the Haagen-Dazs is quite good, I didn't want that much alcohol flavor and I wanted more of a dark chocolate so I just mixed it with one of my other triple chocolate ice creams and it was perfecto.

Frequent Contributor

It was on sale here about 4 months ago...if I remember correctly it was 3/$10...I know that's cheap. Anyway I tried the Bourbon Vanilla, the Stout Pretzel and the Rum. 

They were ok, not something I would buy again. But I agree with you the alcohol flavor was strong. I did notice that they made me thirsty, moreso than when I eat the regular flavors. Out of the three, the Stout was my favorite.

Still can't beat their pineapple coconut flavor.

My favorite.

Honored Contributor

Whats the percentage of alcohol on the label?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I couldn't find it on the label, but I did find this on their website:  

Contains Less Than 0.5% Alcohol by Volume.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess ...........thanks for taking the time to look it up.  There is so little actual alcohol in it, that what you are tasting is flavoring.  To me it sounds yummy and I am going to get some.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Yeah, certainly not going to get drunk off of it, just a little indulgence.  I'll have to check and see if the Irish Cream Cookie Squares are in my store too.  The Amaretto Black Cherry Almond looks interesting too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like the regular Haagen-Dazs ice cream. I have no interest in having spirits added. I buy Java Chip and am happy. Does not need a thing.

Thanks for your review.