Respected Contributor

HSN's Weekly Deal Drop High-Temp Searing Oven

[ Edited ]

763-206

It's been my understanding that home small cooking appliances in the US are limited to 500 degrees. Other appliances have the ability to reach 1550 degrees, but they're throttled in the same way our cars' top speed is limited. This countertop no-door oven goes up to 1550 degrees. 

"New Technology" is not described, and the price has plummeted. No reviews. High-temp cooking can involve a lot of smoke production. Yet the demos show none.

What do you think is going on here? Is there a problem with this new design, or maybe it's just too small?

I'm interested.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: HSN's Weekly Deal Drop High-Temp Searing Oven

[ Edited ]

I saw that oven, @PickyPicky3 and I, too, am interested.

I watched the video and want to order, but I have questions.

1 - Why no door?

2 - Why has it been reduced from $150 to $80 with free s&h?

3 - Why no reviews?  Red flag

The info you posted about the 500 degree limit is interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

I also wonder about any smoking, grease splatters and clean up inside the unit.

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Respected Contributor

It seems to be a re-designed, unthrottled air fryer.

I'd like to know what kind of heating element it has.

Occasional Contributor

If you Google the type of oven, there are many models out there - all of them pricey. None that I saw had a door. Reviews are good for most - 4 or 5 stars.

Respected Contributor

This oven is distributed by Course Housewares of Minnesota. In business since 2013. Very skimpy website but overall does not appear a bad little (4 employees) company. The issue is, if the oven fails during the warranty period, will we have to pay $40 shipping each way for repair or replacement? I might call tomorrow.

Kitchen HQ show at 8:00 pm tonight

Respected Contributor

Anyone watch the presentation tonight? Action and smoke filled. Host Shannon warned you have to keep a close eye on it 20 times. 

At least three mistakes (undercooked chicken, burnt toast, almost burnt smore) but not the fault of the oven. The chef had too many things going on at the same time plus he was kinda chatty. This is not a multitasking appliance.