Frequent Contributor

Does anyone else out there notice that ever since the Q bought out HSN that they have limited kitchen shows lately and if something is the TS on HSN, they stop the presentations earlier in the day and are constantly changing the program guide deleting future cook shows. 

I much more preferred to watch cooking shows on HSN because I like the hosts better and the presentations. I feel like HSN is MORE electronics, beauty, and jewelry now. The Q wants to dominate the cook and food side of this entity. Such a shame that those poor hosts have had MAJOR changes over this last year.

Anyway, it is what it is and I feel like HSN will be gone with the wind soon . . 

So upsetting to me 

Honored Contributor

QVC and HSN are owned by the same company.  They are now "sister" companies as I recently heard one QVC host refer to HSN.

IMO this is not good.  HSN has become more like QVC in their pricing, sales, etc.  I liked it much better when they were 2 distinct shopping networks.  Oh well!

Frequent Contributor

I know they are sister company's BUT Quarate company who owns the Q, is now the BOSSES OF HSN. And since in reality QVC did purchase the HSN stock so they work for the Q. They want to be #1.

Respected Contributor

@libdem: I watch HSN on a regular basis and haven't noticed a shortage of kitchen/cooking shows. In fact, a recent addition of kitchen shows are "Good Eating with Marlo Smith" and "Your Kitchen" with Shannon Smith. They're shows air every Monday between 5:00-9:00PM. Saturdays continue to showcase kitchen shows, with Chefs Curtis Stone and Ming Tsai, both recently had a Today's Special. Tony Little also sells food. Wolfgang Puck continues to appear on HSN as well.

Honored Contributor

The consumers are getting a bad deal.  Since the merger, HSN doesn't offer as much free shipping as they did before.  I also don't care to see all the same product lines (IT Cosmetics, Bare Minerals, DOLL10 and many others on both channels.