Contributor

Re: HSN Curtis Stone skillet special

Mothertrucker, I ordered it for the same reason, we remodeled our kitchen last year and I bought an induction stovetop oven, I love it, but have found many of the pans out in the stores are going ceramic and not able to use on the induction. This looks great, esp. with the rack to steam veggies and fish. Can't wait to get it.
Respected Contributor

Reporting back! Received and I LOVE it! Wow,the non stick is super slick, yet really crisps and browns food on the outside leaving an amazing-for -nonstick crust..Rack insert is amazingly sturdy, nothing like the flimsy rack that came in one of my pressure cookers! heats up very evenly on my round induction burner and fits perfectly..great size...

Wondering what else he makes in this line-

Try it next time!

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Reporting back! Received and I LOVE it! Wow,the non stick is super slick, yet really crisps and browns food on the outside leaving an amazing-for -nonstick crust..Rack insert is amazingly sturdy, nothing like the flimsy rack that came in one of my pressure cookers! heats up very evenly on my round induction burner and fits perfectly..great size...

Try it next time!

ACK!  It works on an induction burner?  And I missed it?  Oh no, I am beyond bummed . . . I thought I heard it was aluminum so I didn't really look any further . . . double bummer.  Bad on mtc.

I am so glad you are so happy with it.  Next time they run free shipping or something I will look into it.

Thanks for the review, another must have added to my growing list!

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Try it next time!

ACK!  It works on an induction burner?  And I missed it?  Oh no, I am beyond bummed . . . I thought I heard it was aluminum so I didn't really look any further . . . double bummer.  Bad on mtc.

I am so glad you are so happy with it.  Next time they run free shipping or something I will look into it.

Thanks for the review, another must have added to my growing list!

I know, I am always looking for induction stuff too, that is originally why it cought my eye!

Respected Contributor

For anyone looking for a non-stick induction skillet, T-Fal Elegance has a 12" at Walmart for under $30.  Someone on these boards recommended it and it's a winner...

Denise
Frequent Contributor

I bought and have used this pan.  It is wonderful!!  Especialy for the price.  It is very well made and sturdy.  It is a pleasing design...very large cooking surface and if you use the grill insert it is great for steaming....The non stick interior seems to be of a better quality than usually found.  I dont know about his other products but this gets an A++ from me!  I am a home cook and try many brands.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

For anyone looking for a non-stick induction skillet, T-Fal Elegance has a 12" at Walmart for under $30.  Someone on these boards recommended it and it's a winner...

***sigh*** . . . this is why mtc is not allowed to have nice things . . . BECAUSE SHE USUALLY ALREADY HAS THEM.

Like this lovely T-Fal skillet . . . located and brought up to the front where I can see it . . . thanks to everyone for their feedback and help.

Good golly Miss Molly, I amaze myself sometimes . . . Smiley Sad

And ps, if Curtis Stone has that skillet as a TS again you just know I am going to get it . . . I love cookware!  I need to start a Cookware Anonymous group for myself!

Contributor

Spoiler
Man Very Happy

I bought one, have not yet gotten it.

Mainly I want it for  potatoes and   foods that  do not need to be boiled.

Also for  baking .

From the show and watching it being used  seems like a nice pan .

I will surely report here if it isn't.

Also ,  the one host who goes NUTS   with her shows...oh my.....

Holy Moly and  other expressions annoy me...

I get excited about stuff but saying she would work for leftovers I find that  not a 

truthful statement.

I know she was just kidding.

But wow that lady is very easily excited...Woman Frustrated

Contributor

mistake

this is so not a spoiler ha ha  Man Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

His things are tempting me. They look & sound great.

I may buy pans in the future but haven't yet. I did just receive his lid holder. I have needed this forever! I hope it works as well as I think it will. I'll try it out tomorrow.