Regular Contributor

HOW DO I DISENGAGE THE AIR FRYER BASKET ?????

Just received my TSV airfryer.....and i cant get the basket to come out of the carrier...I slid the latch back but i cant get it to seperate from the outer shell. I've re watched videos of the demonstrations...Merideth even showed how to due it during the presentation with Jill....

It's not going to interfer with getting the food out but its going to be a pain to clean....Anybody have any tips? Am i missing something?

Respected Contributor

Re: HOW DO I DISENGAGE THE AIR FRYER BASKET ?????

Doesn't it come with an instruction book?

Respected Contributor

There is a manual online also.

I set mine on the counter, push the button forward and then depress the square.

Honored Contributor

I have the older version CE but there is a release button above the handle.

Honored Contributor

Again, an older model.  I press the square button on the handle.  Yes, it's a pain to clean.

Esteemed Contributor

You must have received the one I returned as defective!  (kidding - but not really)   My first one - there was no way to get the basket button to work - - I also re-ran the videos - read the instruction book but no way - no how was that basket coming out.  At that time there were several comments from other customers about the same problem.  Call CS - ask for a pickup at your house and make sure they are paying the shipping cost back - and a new fryer to you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's a knack to it. I got a NuWave airfryer.

When you pull the basket out keep your fingers off the sliver space that releases the inner basket just pull on the big black handle.

when I first got mine I'd put my fingers on the space above the handle and the whole inner basket wanted to come out and up and the main black basket would almost drop to the floor.

Just pull on the black handle. When you have the basket out, then you put your fingers on the silver area and the silver basket will slide up and out

@LancerHawkFriar

Respected Contributor

@LancerHawkFriar  A couple of years ago I had one of these.  No matter what I did, the basket just didn't budge.  I returned it.  The replacement worked well.

Honored Contributor

Think she's not around any more

Honored Contributor

Give the ring back?